Shifter Boot Solution

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
rmansberger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Lansing
State: MI

Shifter Boot Solution

Post by rmansberger »

FreightLiner Shifter Boot from D&D Truck Supply in Corunna, MI - Just $15
FreightLiner Shifter Boot from D&D Truck Supply in Corunna, MI - Just $15
Here is something that may help you out, when my old boot looked like beavers ate it raw, I could not locate any replacements and did not receive any leads.

So I stopped at my local 18 wheeler shop, D&D Truck Supply in Corunna, Michigan and they had a Freightliner shifter boot for $15 which fit like a glove. I added a trim ring that Don Marrah fabbed up and it looks truck tough.

At $15, you can't ask for a better deal. I am sure this would work on lots of projects out there no matter what the year of Sweptline.

I am very happy with the results and the low dough cost. Probably the cheapest thing I was able to buy for this project.
Rick Mansberger
1967 Mustang "Duke"
1970 Dodge D100 "The Dude"
1978 GMC Suburban "Big Cub"
2006 C300
2014 RAM Limited "Master Sergeant"

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Shifter Boot Solution

Post by Hobcobble »

That came out great! :clap Who's Don Marrah? :thinking Is he
in the trim ring business? :thinking
John

rmansberger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Lansing
State: MI

Re: Shifter Boot Solution

Post by rmansberger »

Hi John, here is a quick overview of Don Marrah. His shop in Owosso, Michigan is where my current '67 Mustang Pro Build is being done.

I am allowed to contribute when the task is within my pay grade. While we are doing the Mustang, I brought out my truck and I worked with the B Team in all aspects of the restoration which was quite the introduction to what it takes to do any project. I learned a lot and we are still working on the Mustang so I am learning more through hands on and showing that I haved moved my pay grade up.

Don Marrah is a self pro-claimed dinosaur that is old school all the way. He had 19 magazine covers in the Hot Rod world long before the internet was around. It is a treasure to be involved with him and sometimes he says, "give me that" and out pops a customer trim ring. And sadly, Don does not do trim ring production, it was just a one off moment.

"The project lead and builder is Don Marrah of Owosso MI, his work has been featured in CarCraft, Street Rodder, and several other magazines. He has won the prestigious the CarCraft National Grand Champion Award, Cobo Autorama's Best of Show and People's Choice Awards, as well as a close contender for the Ridler Award with several Great Eight qualifiers. Don’s one rule in builds is that different is good and if we didn’t change it, then we should."

Take care John and thanks for the assistance you have provided in my truck project.

Rick out
Rick Mansberger
1967 Mustang "Duke"
1970 Dodge D100 "The Dude"
1978 GMC Suburban "Big Cub"
2006 C300
2014 RAM Limited "Master Sergeant"

64W300PWRWGN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kansas City
State: KS