Hood Alignment

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Cody100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Inwood
State: Foreign

Hood Alignment

Post by Cody100 »

Quick question, I've looked at the hood adjustment picture on the forums and I'm having an issue. The back of the hood where it meets the cowl sits too high. I've loosened the bolts and lowered the hinges as far down as they will go but it still sits too high. Is it possible the hinges were over extended or bent at some point? I don't see any other way of making the lines match up.
Jackson Driving Resize.jpg
You can kinda see the misalignment in this picture, I can take a better one later.
Cody

1966 D-100 Custom

behindthebadge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ozark
State: AR

Re: Hood Alignment

Post by behindthebadge »

I can only tell you that it is a very common problem with these trucks. Someone on here will know the answer.
Randall
Ozark, AR
'67 D100

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Place a SHIM under the front bolt on the hood. YES... I said the FRONT bolt (D in photo). Crazy, but it lowers the hood near the cowl. You can also reference this to see maybe other things you may have missed.

Hey Cody... you know this same info/picture is on the Dodge Restoration CD... see the NOTES folder. :salut
Attachments
Hood Hinge adjustment.JPG
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Cody100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Inwood
State: Foreign

Post by Cody100 »

Thanks Jim I was looking at this pic on your CD not sure how I missed the part about the shims....... :pale
I think I dissmissed the idea because it is counter intuitive to add shims to lower the hood, but it does make sense if you think about it. I'll try this weekend and let you know how it goes.
Cody

1966 D-100 Custom

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Cody100 wrote:Thanks Jim I was looking at this pic on your CD not sure how I missed the part about the shims....... :pale
I think I dissmissed the idea because it is counter intuitive to add shims to lower the hood, but it does make sense if you think about it. I'll try this weekend and let you know how it goes.
Maybe you missed it because ALL the TEXT on the pic is all in YELLOW :thinking . Let us know how you make out. You "may" need more than an 1/8" too. But that was all I needed to adjust my hood the tiny bit more to make it level. :salut
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

sweatybetty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: s.w.
State: OR

Post by sweatybetty »

behindthebadge wrote:I can only tell you that it is a very common problem with these trucks. Someone on here will know the answer.
+1 mine is the same way.