Chromabase vs Nason

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Enon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 46901
State: IN

Chromabase vs Nason

Post by Enon »

Are there any benefits to using Chromabase over the "house" brand Nason? I understand Chromabase can be thinned to 100% where as Nason can only be about 50. With an old color and a frame off restoration, should I stick with a 100% match which would be Chromabase? There is a huge difference in price and I am curious as to the benefits that Chromabase has over Nason. Thanks in advance.

Oshork67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Haven
State: CT

Re: Chromabase vs Nason

Post by Oshork67 »

I'm a PPG guy. But generally the cheaper lines are more of a generic color match they have less tints and are designed to be inexpensive versus a great match. They always require more material to hide cause they are "watered down" meaning they have less pigment that's where the savings comes from. It's like anything else pay less for the paint and do more labor for applying additional coats. I'd say save your self 3-4 additional coats Depending on the color and buy a good base coat.

Enon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 46901
State: IN

Post by Enon »

Thank you for the input!!!!

Oshork67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Haven
State: CT

Post by Oshork67 »

Used Basf limco their cheap line it took five coats to cover a medium silver way to many coats to hide and left a large tape line to fill. When you get old fat and lazy like me three extra coats on an overall really kicks your @#%! :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg