Carpet kits

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Hardcase
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Meridian
State: ID

Carpet kits

Post by Hardcase »

Since the rubber is pretty worn on my '61 Utiline, I'm going to replace it with carpet. I see the ACC molded kit that's at different places, but the online configurators show that it's for '64 and up. Seems to me that there's no difference between '61 and '64, am I right?

Jhollett
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Norris Arm
State: Foreign

Re: Carpet kits

Post by Jhollett »

I'm not sure on the years, but I know that they make vinyl/rubber floors for them. That's what I'm going with

Hardcase
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Hardcase »

Jhollett wrote:I'm not sure on the years, but I know that they make vinyl/rubber floors for them. That's what I'm going with
I run into the same thing with the rubber floors, too - nothing pre-64. I'm assuming that it's because the specs that they got were from a '64 truck, so that's where the cutoff is. I guess I can just order one and if it doesn't fit, return it.

Jhollett
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Norris Arm

Post by Jhollett »

I'd make sure the return policy is right and your intentions are clear! I believe **NOT ALLOWED** has the flooring? If so, Robin seems to be really nice to deal with

Hardcase
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Hardcase »

Jhollett wrote:I'd make sure the return policy is right and your intentions are clear! I believe **NOT ALLOWED** has the flooring? If so, Robin seems to be really nice to deal with
:lol: Rockauto and Amazon (or at least somebody selling through Amazon) have it. They all look the same, which isn't surprising because I suspect that there aren't a whole bunch of auto carpet manufacturers rushing to make carpets for our trucks.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I think that the "better" question would be.... Are all the FLOORS the same from '61-71? IF the floors are the same then the carpets or mat would be the same.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada

Post by dodgeboykim »

I have a 64D100/66D100/66W200/68D100 and the floors all look the same for them. :salut
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

At one time someone was selling rubber flooring for Sweptlines that didn't fit the trucks quite right in the transmission tunnel area. This was due to it being for 300 and larger trucks which have a different floor and people were buying it for their 100-200 trucks. So no, not all floors are the same.

schmitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: fountain city
State: WI

Post by schmitt »

Anyone run the Lund pro carpet kit? Just wondering how it compares to ACC

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

soopernaut wrote:At one time someone was selling rubber flooring for Sweptlines that didn't fit the trucks quite right in the transmission tunnel area. This was due to it being for 300 and larger trucks which have a different floor and people were buying it for their 100-200 trucks. So no, not all floors are the same.
Whoops, I knew that... and should have made myself more clear. Were all 100-200 floors the same from 61-71? I did know that the 300 series had the higher hump. :Thumbsup
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Hardcase
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Hardcase »

Jims68 wrote:I think that the "better" question would be.... Are all the FLOORS the same from '61-71? IF the floors are the same then the carpets or mat would be the same.
Heheh, yeah, that's kind of what I was heading towards.

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

ACC is the only company producing the rubber carpet (full cab). I contacted the company that was selling the OEM style rubber mat ( to the seat only) several years back. They said there was not enough demand to have them produced at that time. They were selling them on ebay. The ACC one does not fit very well ( at least the 2 I have purchased). They are made for the '61-71 100-200 series. :2cents
61 shorty 170/ 3spd 3:91(sold)
66 lwb 318 poly/727/4:10 (sold)
67 shorty 318poly/4spd 3:55
68 ute 318/3 spd/3:55(sold)
70 318/727/3:23
66 d200 225/4spd/4:10( military)(sold)
68 d100 383/727/3:55

Hardcase
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Hardcase »

Txas2step wrote:ACC is the only company producing the rubber carpet (full cab). I contacted the company that was selling the OEM style rubber mat ( to the seat only) several years back. They said there was not enough demand to have them produced at that time. They were selling them on ebay. The ACC one does not fit very well ( at least the 2 I have purchased). They are made for the '61-71 100-200 series. :2cents
Good info, thanks. I've read that the fit is a little sketchy, but it seems to me that however it fits will be better than trying to get a flat piece of carpet to fit a curvy floor. Gotta finish up some other stuff first, though...headliner, intake manifold & carb, oil pump...the list goes on.