Body, fender,door bolts

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
A440cuda1
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cheney
State: WA

Body, fender,door bolts

Post by A440cuda1 »

So I picked up a '62 D100 short box that was an abandoned restore project, and the last owner was nice enough to put ALL of the screws, bolts and hardware into one bucket for me....so I have no idea if I have enough to get this truck bolted back together. Does anyone here know for sure what size and style of bolt goes where and what type of captive nuts and clips nuts I need to pickup? Pictures would be appreciated since i'll probably just make an order through fasteners for all new hardware.
1962 D100 Short bed project
1963 D200 Long bed
1970 D200 Long bed

Many other old rigs, not sweptline related.

marklein
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Red Deer
State: Foreign

Re: Body, fender,door bolts

Post by marklein »

The vast majority of bolts are 5/16-18,3/8-16, the blind nuts are 5/16-18. There are some fine thread bolts, but those are mainly the bolts that hold the doors together, 5/16-24 is the pitch on those. If you go to a good bolt supply house, you can buy whatever you need. Personally, I like to use stainless for visible bolts, doesn't cost a lot more, and you don't have to worry about painting them. In the process of tearing a 66 apart, parts truck in every sense, and you can strip a lot of parts with only a 1/2 and 9/16 wrench. Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

A440cuda1
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cheney
State: WA

Post by A440cuda1 »

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone have an accurate count of fender bolts for me? Im ordering up hardware tonight. Also, what is the length of the bolt the goes through the inside of the cab into the fender and what size is it and what does the captive nut look like? I couldn't find that one in my bucket of bolts so I assume it was broken off when they took the truck apart.
1962 D100 Short bed project
1963 D200 Long bed
1970 D200 Long bed

Many other old rigs, not sweptline related.

marklein
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Red Deer
State: Foreign

Post by marklein »

Fenders are held on with mainly 5/16 x 3/4 nc. There are 14 or so and there are 2 3/8 x 1 nc bolts on the very bottom. Most of those bolts use a blind fender nut. Hope I've helped. The upper one through into the inside is a stud and I'm not sure that it is available.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

marklein wrote:Fenders are held on with mainly 5/16 x 3/4 nc. There are 14 or so and there are 2 3/8 x 1 nc bolts on the very bottom. Most of those bolts use a blind fender nut. Hope I've helped. The upper one through into the inside is a stud and I'm not sure that it is available.
All thread is your friend on that one, IF the mount on the inside of the fender hasn't rotted away. Pilot House trucks used a similar system and the fender crowns always rotted off of those trucks.
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...