re: WINDOW/DOOR FELTS AND PERIMETER SEALS

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brocklehurst
State: Foreign

re: WINDOW/DOOR FELTS AND PERIMETER SEALS

Post by ebodyboy »

I am seeking a reputable and efficient source, preferably in Canada, for the window/door felts - for a 1968 FARGO W-100, including the channel felts AND the door (perimeter) black foam seals. I have searched 'on-line' until finger-tips hurt and nobody seems to either ship to Canada OR they list items and do NOT stock them. Is there at least one fair source to deal with? I won't name-names but leave it up to members with experience. Thank-you. :idea

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada

Re: re: WINDOW/DOOR FELTS AND PERIMETER SEALS

Post by dodgeboykim »

Do you make periodic trips to lower mainland. I live 15 mins from Sumas (Chilliwack area) and many places to ship to on U S side.

sweatybetty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: s.w.
State: OR

Post by sweatybetty »

http://www.steelerubber.com/search?year ... ine-pickup

i do not know if they will ship to you though.

rmansberger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Lansing
State: MI

Post by rmansberger »

Steele Rubber and Restoration Specialties supplied all of my weather stripping for my 1970 D100. Full door, inner and outer, vent windows, and front and back window gaskets. They were very helpful and shipping to Canada doesn't seem like it would be a problem. All the pieces fit nicely except an issue with the belt trim for the windows, they sagged a bit but after talking with Steele we just applied some 3M product to the backing and they held just fine.
Rick Mansberger
1967 Mustang "Duke"
1970 Dodge D100 "The Dude"
1978 GMC Suburban "Big Cub"
2006 C300
2014 RAM Limited "Master Sergeant"

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

The best cat wiskers/window felts IMO, are the Fairchild through Rockauto. They are metal backed. The others are a floppy piece of rubber. :2cents

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinf ... 455&jpid=2
61 shorty 170/ 3spd 3:91(sold)
66 lwb 318 poly/727/4:10 (sold)
67 shorty 318poly/4spd 3:55
68 ute 318/3 spd/3:55(sold)
70 318/727/3:23
66 d200 225/4spd/4:10( military)(sold)
68 d100 383/727/3:55

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

The window felts (8-pieces) plus door seals (2 pieces), and, the door glass (channel) pieces, will cost me $170. (CDN), including shipping, taxes and $-exchange - from J.C. Whitney. Are these decent parts - or should I continue 'shopping'? :idea

Hardcase
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Meridian
State: ID

Post by Hardcase »

ebodyboy wrote:The window felts (8-pieces) plus door seals (2 pieces), and, the door glass (channel) pieces, will cost me $170. (CDN), including shipping, taxes and $-exchange - from J.C. Whitney. Are these decent parts - or should I continue 'shopping'? :idea
The door seals alone were about $100US with shipping from Steele. I don't know how they compare with JC Whitney's product, but to me, it was money well spent.

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ebodyboy »

Well, I got the window-felts, channel felts and door (perimeter) seals - - ALL from canadapartsonline.com (subsidiary of J.C. Whitney) and I am very pleased with the (Fairchild Industries) products. It is a bit 'adventurous' dealing with call centre in Manila, but the people were patient and friendly. The window felts and channel pieces - 8 in all - came to $72. (U.S.) and the door seals to $49. for the pair. I was charged reasonable shipping (from Illinois) and I think only one tax.
When I ordered my (3) USED parts, from WA state, I was charged (by Canadian Border Services) an extra $26.51 for TWO (CDN) taxes PLUS a 'handling' fee. I had previously paid $65. (U.S.), for the (USPS) shipping of small, four-pound box so, the initial $115. (for the 3 parts), plus the $65., plus the conversion to CDN $ ended up costing me $250. !! - out of my pocket. Now some of you can see the issues that arise when 'cross-border' shopping. One day it's a good deal and then next day you are Royally $crewed. :pale

gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: falcon
State: CO

Post by gww »

enter the US illegally and get them for free.
777s on all that have and all that do protect our freedoms.