Grille restore

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Grille restore

Post by 66patrick »

I was polishing the bumpers on my Coronet 500 and my Imperial rag yesterday. Since I was in a polishing mood, I decided to do the grille on the driver '68 D100. The aluminum grille had serious degradation of the anodizing, so it was very cloudy-looking, as these grilles are want to do over time. For you military vets, I know you have all had the wondrous pleasure of using Brasso at one time or another! I was using this on the chrome, so I figured I'd see if it would do anything on the '68 aluminum grille...

Guess what? The grille shines like a diamond in a goat's a$$! And it took maybe thirty minutes of elbow grease and effort to transform the look from "yeah, it has a grille" to "damn, that thing has a grille!" I was pretty impressed with the results! Honestly, I did not have much thought previously of using this on the grille before, because of the factory anodizing. But it works!

Pics tomorrow - I have a car parked right up to the truck bumper, so I can't get a couple right now.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

rmansberger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Lansing
State: MI

Re: Grille restore

Post by rmansberger »

Hi, here is another use for brasso, my daughters used SOS on our counter tops and left "hot spots". After trying many products, nothing worked. On a whim, I tried a little Brasso and it took it the hot spot away. I had to do the whole counter top to make it all similar because of the finer grit cleaning and small scratches were also buffed out. Looks like a new counter top. Thanks Brasso
Rick Mansberger
1967 Mustang "Duke"
1970 Dodge D100 "The Dude"
1978 GMC Suburban "Big Cub"
2006 C300
2014 RAM Limited "Master Sergeant"