Bed frame support bracket?

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
bmoparmofo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berkley
State: MI

Bed frame support bracket?

Post by bmoparmofo »

Hi, I have a 70 D100 Long bed. The passenger side front frame bracket support where there is a wooden block (?) is rusted out. Are they the same on all the years? I assume a previous owner left stuff in the bed the killed the bed floor and this one support. The sides of the bed are nice, the floor of the bed has holes and this support bracket is rusted through and the wooden block is missing because of it. It gives the bed a saggy sort of shifted look. I am not sure of the best solution for the bed floor and bracket. There isn't going to be anything solid around here for sale I am sure and shipping a complete bed would be expensive I would think. The sides on mine are fine, the perils of buying a farm truck I guess....lol Let me know what years will work for the bracket and what you think, thanks!

FlatTop

Re: Bed frame support bracket?

Post by FlatTop »

Any way you could post a picture of the rusted 'bracket' ?

Is this the piece of supporting metal that runs across the width of the bed?

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

It was the angle bracket held on by 2 rivets. He should have the parts in his hands as you read this or very soon. :clap

bmoparmofo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berkley
State: MI

Post by bmoparmofo »

Hi, yes I did get the bracket. I crawled under there for a minute today just to check things out. Its 8 degrees here so it was only a minute...lol It looks like I might have some more rust damage to the bracing under the bed there as well. I didn't take my phone with me under there to snap some pics. I will next time I get under there. I am not sure how much bracing there is in that area. I need to get a better look, hopefully I was just seeing things, but with my luck..........