Lower trim clips

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
CMR70D3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Martinsville
State: IN

Lower trim clips

Post by CMR70D3 »

I know that some have used double sided tape for applying trim. I have found these clips that work for the bottom trim on 70'-71' trucks. They fit perfect! They are a GM clip, but they work. Shippng is pricey! I hope posting this link is per forum rules.
http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/p/__/C ... 83727.html
Here's a pic.
Chris
Attachments
trim clips 003.JPG

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Re: Lower trim clips

Post by RussRoth »

Ron Tonkin is right across the river from me, maybe 20 minutes away for one of the dealerships. Originally a Chevy dealer and now his boys run it and they have numerous different brand dealerships around the Portland area. In '66 he had the first two '66 SS396/375 horse Chevelles around. One red and one blue. I happened to hook up with both the guys the same night that bought them and they both did some full throttle stints with them. I was impressed as they were blindingly fast for the time. To this day two of the quickest completely stock rigs I have been in. They each had about 1,200 miles on them. Seeing where you got the clips brought back memories from just a few years back. :pale :lol:

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Re: Lower trim clips

Post by martincom »

New source for sweptline plastic moulding clips: www.mrgusa.com

Lower Rocker Panel Molding (wide): FA413
This is a GM clip that requires trimming off the raised side shoulders. It is the same clip that was previously supplied by Tonklin.

Front fender sweptline moulding clips: FA4804
This is an exact duplicate of the clip and is the type that snaps into a fender hole and secured by a drive-in pin. These are are some pretty old clips. The first three I attempted to install shattered when driving in the pin. I had to warm them up with the heat gun, to make them somewhat pliable, before installing.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration