box fuel tank

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
morbert
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kelowna
State: Foreign

box fuel tank

Post by morbert »

My 71 has a fuel tank in the box behind the driver. It s wired and looks like a factory unit. There is a selector selinoid wired into factory wiring and a cable that runs to a switch on the dash with a knob that matches all others. Is this a factory option or a dealer install? Looks like the cable has rusted into the sheath and been forced and the switch is busted at the dash. Can I still get the switch or if someone has one for sale The tank ia manufactured buy Synder tank corp. My truck is a camper special.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada

Re: box fuel tank

Post by dodgeboykim »

I wrecked out a camper special a few years ago and it had a tank like you describe in the box. You could switch to an electric valve to switch over and the sending unit may be a Snyder tank part if they still exist. I believe it may have been a dealer option.

morbert
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kelowna

Re: box fuel tank

Post by morbert »

Went throught the gas tank elec yesterday. With all the elec connectors, fuel connectors I am believing the second fuel tank is a factory option. The elec connectors have factory ends and plug directly to the firewall plug complete with factory loom. The fuel lines have factory clamps. All wires and fuel lines run through factory gromits and elec clips.