'69 D100 door hinge issue

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
BOOMERS69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Norfolk
State: VA

'69 D100 door hinge issue

Post by BOOMERS69 »

:banghead Hey Guys! I'm new here and have a really big problem. The door hinges (both sides) are drooping on my '69 D100. I pulled the drivers side off yesterday and found that the pin is seized in the knuckle part of the inner hinge half and impossible to get out....should I use a press?

Secondly, when I went to Advance Auto Parts and ordered the hinge pins, they got me these pins that are about 7 or 8 inches long. The wouldn't even fit into the pocket of the door jamb even if they were installed.

Lastly, I found a '68 twin of mine in a yard here and the hinge assemblies seem pretty good.

Finally, here the big summary question: should I swap out my 69's for the 68's or, will a "standard" type Dodge door hinge pin work in my truck doors? They do sort of look like the ones in my '67 Dart.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Of all the things you can be in life.......be a Dodge Owner.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: '69 D100 door hinge issue

Post by Jims68 »

I remember this topic a long time ago. I "THINK" that the Chevy pin repair kit will work on the Sweptys. However, you will need to drill out your pin. I also think there was two pin sizes for the Chevy trucks. So... go to the HELP section of your automotive store and find the pin kits.

Jim

OR.... go to Vintage Power Wagon Site:

http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/produ ... atalog.htm

Here is the PDF page for the Sweptline trucks. They "May" still have the door pins in stock.

http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/pdf/p ... ptline.pdf

From the PDF parts page on Sweptlines:

Clevis Pin, Front
Door Hinge
(w/ bushings). Fits 1957-71
models
Item # 18:6013035
Price: $10 each
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

BOOMERS69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by BOOMERS69 »

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm gonna get one of those CD's soon. Hats off to all! :salut

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

BOOMERS69 wrote:Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm gonna get one of those CD's soon. Hats off to all! :salut
Let me know anytime about the CD if you have any questions about it.

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

BOOMERS69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by BOOMERS69 »

LUCKY ME!!! I found a set of rebuilt hinges on Craigslist in my area. The guy was restoring his truck and the Condo association he was living in hauled off his truck while he was on 2 weeks vacation. Needless to say, the towing and storage cost wasn't worth getting it back. Poor guy. A solid score for $40.00 though. Thanks everybody!!!

ufo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Manitoba
State: Foreign

Post by ufo »

[quote The guy was restoring his truck and the Condo association he was living in hauled off his truck while he was on 2 weeks vacation. quote]

I would call that theft.

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

Yeah, a titled truck being "hualed off"

I wouldnt just lay down on that one. :censored

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

ufo wrote:[quote The guy was restoring his truck and the Condo association he was living in hauled off his truck while he was on 2 weeks vacation. quote]

I would call that theft.
If you were parked on common grounds they can legally take the truck if it wasn't being moved every 24 hours. The association would have to have this in their by-laws and the truck owner probably had to read and sign that he received a copy of the by-laws. In some condos and town houses there might not be any privately owned parking and all parking may fall under the catogory of common grounds.

ufo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Manitoba
State: Foreign

Post by ufo »

You would think they would be required to give a notice to him(maybe they already did).
Kinda crazy you would have to move your own vehicle every 24 hours.What if your off work and just don't drive anywhere?

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

ufo wrote:You would think they would be required to give a notice to him(maybe they already did).
Kinda crazy you would have to move your own vehicle every 24 hours.What if your off work and just don't drive anywhere?
I guess it wouldn't have to be 24 hours but whatever the association specifies. Some are more lenient than others. If it was an area that required snow removal most would probably be pretty strict. They don't need to provide a notice if it is already specified in the rules that you have X amount of hours to move your vehicle after a snow storm. If it was during the Summer they might be more lenient but all associations are going to be different. I don't know the details of the truck in question so I can't really speculate but if the rules are stated and not followed they can tow your vehicle away. Also some associations manage more than one area or lots of units and cannot go around and put notices on all vehicles.

LuckyBaldwin
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Stockton
State: CA

Post by LuckyBaldwin »

soopernaut wrote:
ufo wrote:[quote The guy was restoring his truck and the Condo association he was living in hauled off his truck while he was on 2 weeks vacation. quote]

I would call that theft.
If you were parked on common grounds they can legally take the truck if it wasn't being moved every 24 hours. The association would have to have this in their by-laws and the truck owner probably had to read and sign that he received a copy of the by-laws. In some condos and town houses there might not be any privately owned parking and all parking may fall under the catogory of common grounds.
i know this is an ancient thread but reading it really burns me up. he was restoring his truck and i bet he didn't drive it every 24 hrs. they didn't have it towed then, no they waited until the poor guy was on vacation to have his truck illegally seized. that way he couldn't defend himself. i'll bet they didn't have it towed because it wasn't moved often enough, i'll bet they towed it because they didn't like the way the truck looked, and/or the work he was doing on it.

so much for the constitutional right to be safe from unreasonable searches and seizures. the majority of the people in this country have become so complacent about protecting our constitutional rights that now people feel it's legal to give up those rights as long as someone signs a piece of paper. that's telling the hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who fought and died defending those rights that their sacrifices meant nothing. and yet they still wave the American flag and say they're "patriotic". shame on them and shame on this "association".