floor boards

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
duke21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: terre haute
State: IN

floor boards

Post by duke21 »

i am trying to plan ahead a bit here, i still havent recieved my title for the 71 yet, but at least the guy says he sent it out? Anyhow, i know i need to replace the floor boards on both sides. i dont have much doubt about being able to build a set, but saw the ones listed on the powerwagon site, and supposedly they are factory style pieces. i know they look real professional. Have any of you guys gone that route and if so how did they turn out, fit and finish wise. If you did this way, would you do it again over making your own.

I am kinda flipping the coin on this right now, i dont really have the money to spend on the nice boards, but on the other hand, i really need to be spending time more constructively , so if the prefabed boards are saving a lot of money( timewise) then, i will choke up and do it that way.

just asking your 2 cents worth.

duke21

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: floor boards

Post by Jims68 »

I didn't have the money either (and also the fact that nobody made them at the time I restored my truck)... so, I made my own. CLICK on the links BELOW to see how I made my own floor and cab mounts.

Also, you could click on the links below and check out my whole restoration CD... Either way you go... good luck and have fun.

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

F6866
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Morgantown, WV

Post by F6866 »

I used the set from the power wagon site on my 71 Utiline, they worked nicely, however they did require some modification and bending to fit properly. I did have to replace the drivers side nearly to the steering column and they didn't go that far so I had to add to them. The most appreciated part was the formed portion at the curve where the door step meets the kick panel forming this would have been difficult for me.

sardo67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: bethlehem
State: CT

Post by sardo67 »

is there a link to the floor pans? mine cab is shot and needs a new floor

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I don't think that Vintage Power Wagons has the floor pans anymore. Check out this company. You will probably have to give them a call to see if they are available. They DO list floor pans, but you have to navigate the online catalog to see them. They only show ONE part number for the pans. D-94 at $134 EA They are 30"X25"

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/

OR... you can also click on the link below and see if making your own pans would be an option.

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

65david
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sunnyvale,CA

Post by 65david »

I can confirm that Vintage Power Wagons is OOS on floor pans and they aren't getting any more.
Jims68 wrote:I don't think that Vintage Power Wagons has the floor pans anymore. Check out this company. You will probably have to give them a call to see if they are available. They DO list floor pans, but you have to navigate the online catalog to see them. They only show ONE part number for the pans. D-94 at $134 EA They are 30"X25"

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/

OR... you can also click on the link below and see if making your own pans would be an option.

Jim

hampstead38
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Denton
State: MD

Post by hampstead38 »

Jim's CD is worth the money... my two cents worth.