door glass

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
dahooligan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: portville new york

door glass

Post by dahooligan »

Does anyone know about changing door glass.My 63 has a cracked window and I can get new glass made for it.It was broke years ago as the bottom of door is filled with glass and was replaced with windshield glass cut to fit.I'm thinking I read somewhere about having to pull vent window and hidden screws?.............pat

juddoats
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Paris/Texas

Re: door glass

Post by juddoats »

yes dodge for sure made it fun for us when it comes to taking the door apart....there are to bolts on front of door and 2 on back of door and 2 on the bottom of the door then there is a hidden one on the inside of the door you can get to from a small hole that has a cover over it...after that it takes a few hard jerks and it should come on out....thats what i did with mine anyways

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I know the screw in the VENT WINDOW FRAME your talking about... You need to "pry" the rubber back so you can see it. It is in the TOP CORNER. The picture is actually the door laying down. Also, remove the access panel on the bottom of the door so you can get to the lower bolts

Jim
Attachments
Lower bolts with access cover removed
Lower bolts with access cover removed
HIDDEN SCREW
HIDDEN SCREW
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

dahooligan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: portville new york

Post by dahooligan »

OK guys, how come ya didn't tell me about the "other" screw? I took all the bolts out and it still wouldn't come out.Seems there's a screw that goes down through the rubber at the bottom of the vent window.I saw a hole in the rubber at the point that seemed to be hanging up. I looked at the other side and saw a screw head actually at the top of the rubber.The side I'm trying to take out I couldn't find the screw head but after some prying it popped apart.Someone had it apart before and broke the head off but enough of the screw was still there to hold it from coming apart.It wasn't something someone added as there is a factory clip for the screw to go into.Now to get the new glass made and then put back together..............pat

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jims68 »

Whoops.... forgot to mention that one.... :joker I KNOW exactly the one your talking about too!

Jim
Jim

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Ah... you don't need to take the door apart, just to change the side glass.
Vent glass, yes.

Also, was your original glass tempered??? If so, law requires it stays tempered.
71 D100 Adventurer SE - PowerWagon conversion
70 W200 CrewCab - Urban Assault Kiddie Hauler
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Pro Touring Machine
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Beater, Hiding in a cave

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Post by JimE »

Good posting from Jim68, I had to pop in the CD and see what he was refering to. Jim
03 Hemi Ram 2500

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jims68 »

JimE wrote:Good posting from Jim68, I had to pop in the CD and see what he was referring to. Jim
Funny thing is... I never put a pic of that lower screw in the CD. Time to update it with one... BUT, now that I think of it, MY 68 DID NOT have screws in those holes on either vent frame! My parts trucks did, but not my 68, and I suppose that is why the pic of that area was not included on the CD. Weird mine didn't have any...

Anyway, I will take a pic of the spot and update the CD, for any "newer" sales.

Jim
Jim