door adjustment/seals

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
halfpint

door adjustment/seals

Post by halfpint »

i have a 67 d100 swb the with a 440 so i guess naturaly it's loud but, when i drove it home after i bought it last month it was freezing cold out . the heater work good for my feet but it was a cold ride home . there is no rubber seals on the doors ! are there seals avalible for them???? also the drivers door shuts ok but, drops a little when it is opend and could shut tighter .how do i fix the problem???? thanks halfpint

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Re: door adjustment/seals

Post by nfury8 »

Welcome!

Yes, there are new door seals available. Restoration Specialties has all the weatherstripping
needed for these trucks.

The doors are supposed to lift slightly on the strikers when closed. If they open and close smoothly,
with a slight drop when opened, then you are probably about right. Is there any play in the hinges
if the door is lifted when open?

When you say close tighter, are you referring to getting a tighter seal, or does the door not line up
with the back of the cab? If the door closes relatively flush with the back of the cab, I would leave it
alone till you get weather stripping on. The weather stripping takes up about 5/8" x 3/4" space. It
really tightens up the door openings once installed. I have to lightly slam a couple doors now with the
new weather strip to get it to compress.
71 D100 Adventurer SE - PowerWagon conversion
70 W200 CrewCab - Urban Assault Kiddie Hauler
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Pro Touring Machine
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Beater, Hiding in a cave