Too Noisy

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
juddoats
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Paris/Texas

Re: Too Noisy

Post by juddoats »

great...thanks for the info:D

sweptliner
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Bakersfield/Monterey Bay
State: CA

Post by sweptliner »

Here is the dynamat online store http://www.dynamat.com/store/store-car.asp.
1970 D100 Custom/Midnight Blue/ LA-318/727 3 speed auto.

juddoats
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Paris/Texas

Post by juddoats »

you guys werent kidding when you said its not cheap...WOW

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by jimmy »

I'm trying several things in my crew cab. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if it worked.
A couple of years ago I restored my 65 satellite, I always thought it was loud so I used the insulation that nfury8 is talking about. I put it every were I could. Behind the door panels,carpet package tray, and rear seat. Everyone that rides in the car with the windows up is amazed the inside is so quite with such a loud exuast system.

Its the most inexpence insulation that I've seen, and it works great and easy to cut. I buy it local for about $35.00 per roll 4x8.

I'm going to use it the same way in this truck that I did in the Satellite. I also undercoated, and top coated my floors, fire wall, and back wall.
I used rattle can undercoating on the inside of the outer door skins.

My local paint shop also sells the roofing stuff-- Like Dynomat. I asked them why they didn't sell the big names like dynomat, they said who is going to spend three times as much money on almost the exact same thing. I've never tryed it but if I don't get my truck as quite as I'm hopeing for then I'll be at the hardware store buy some.

Jimmy
Jimmy

65' Satellite 383 4spd
65' Satellite 440 727
69 Power Wagon Crew Cab

cudaboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by cudaboy »

I was just about to post about the roofing stuff. The streetrodders around here are using it. They put it on the entire floor and on backs of any outer surfaces they can get to. I've seen some use it on the roof, but most avoid that. Mainly because the roof takes on so much heat that it tends to get "re sticky" and might loosen up. I have noticed that the ones that had it in the roof seemed to bubble up there. You have to get a roller and press it down good, and they might have skipped that process. In Lowes, they sell it as a quick roof patch, and it comes about 6-8 inches wide, which makes it easy to work with. On the roof, I would recommend using the foil and bubble wrap type insulation, alo sold at Lowes. Just glue it up with a spray adhesive, like 3M 77

I never worried much about noises until I started doing test drives at work. We'd drive the new cars across noise lanes (strips of road with varying degrees of roughness) and see what rattles. After that, everything bugs me. Even little stuff like loose change or a cd case in the console will get my attention. I usually fix that with a twist of the volume knob on the stereo.
When the auto makers get a car ready for a car show or for the press, they go to great lengths to make sure that it feels and sounds like high quality. I've even seen them take apart the plastic glove box lid, and stuff it with pieces of cardboard to change the sound it makes when it shuts.
M.O.P.A.R. =
My Own Private Adrenaline Rush !

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

this thread has alot of good info. :goodpost

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

It cost me about 12 cents to fix the vent windows in my old 67 Coronet, a nickel and a penny under each latch.... :lol: it works as long as you plan on keeping them shut, just remember to catch them when you open it up. :Thumbsup

joshmeacham
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: St.George UT

Post by joshmeacham »

Just put down a 'whole bunch' of the Quick Roof in my SWB. Took 4 rolls to do everything from behind the gas tank to the front firewall. Seems to help a lot so far (The truck is gutted). I plan now on laying down some jute padding before i carpet, and then we'll see how it goes. It looks like i'll spend about $100 before the carpet goes down by the time in get the jute padding and what not in place. A great investment in my opinion. When its all finished i'll post up a you-tube "test drive" and let you guys hear the difference.

dahooligan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: portville new york

Post by dahooligan »

Another place you may be getting noise too is the air vents.On my 63 they were'n't closing all the way and getting some air blowby.........pat