How many SWB Utilines were made in 1967?

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
67Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Marietta, Ga.

How many SWB Utilines were made in 1967?

Post by 67Utiline »

Sorry, I am new on the site so I may be posting in the wrong area.

I just got a 67 SWB Utiline and I am planning on restoring it. Just wanted to get some background info on them. This site has more info than anywhere else on the internet. Great job.

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Re: How many SWB Utilines were made in 1967?

Post by Rodger »

Ho Ho Ho Person

I want to welcome you and yours to the site. I am not sure of the number of Short Wheel Base ( 114 Inch ) Utilines where made in 1967. This version was not at the top of the list. Many of this version were ordered by the Governments differant Departments ( Forest, some Militarynon-combat and the such ). the short bed's were concidered an waste of an good truck in 1967. The questions to follow may be what size of engine do you have, or which transmission do you have may be asked.

I also looked for what is your name and where do you come from.

Do you have the straight six or the V8 ? Do you have the standard issue three speed manual or the optional four speed manual or the optional automatic. This is one an data plate on the frame door jam on the driver's side of the cab.

Is the rear axle the standard ratio 3.23:1, option number one of the 3.55:1 or the option number two ... 3.91:1 ratio. When raised and the rear wheel is turned by hand, does one wheel turn one direction and the other turn the other way. Or do both wheels turn the same way ?

The more original you keep the truck, the more attention you will always have.

Rodger & Gabby
COS
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

67Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 67Utiline »

Thanks for the quick response!

My name is Jerry Chastain and I live in Marietta, Ga which is about 20 miles north of Atlanta. I just got the truck about three weeks ago, so I don't really know alot about them. I am here learning alot though.

As far as the engine I know it is a 318 LA with a two barrel carb. The trans is a 727 and I am not sure about the rearend. I will check the door tag and make a pic.

I have alot of plans for this truck in the next couple of months, so I may have alot of questions. My goal is to have it running and my weekend toy by spring.

So far:
-bed is off and old wood removed
-engine is out
-trans is out
-seat and carpet is out
-going to paint and body shop this week (work will take about 1-2 months)
-engine going to machine shop within the end of month for total rebuild
-trans going for total rebuild by end of month
-meeting with upholstery guy this week about redoing seat and carpet

I will try to put some pics on soon.

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Ho Ho Ho Jerry

Un-less you are on the witness protection plan, why hide the name. Thank You.

It seems as if you are like the people who type more than twenty words per minute. It is faster than me and so is your truck progress. My work progress is like the moving of the ice age, it will happen one year ( soon).

You will find out the transmission is not just an A-727, since it is in an truck it has the four plant pinion instead of the equal powered car's three.

I knew a guy who lived west of you in Villa Rica. If you fly, you too would have known Mr. Stockmar.

Rodger & Gabby
COS

ps
keep the truck as original as possible, more will flock to it when you slow down.
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

to answer your question, the number of production trucks is listed in the pages at www.sweptline.com alot of the history and etc is there also. :welcome

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

Hello Jerry, Glad to see that you found the Sweptline forum. I live in Lawrenceville and have a 69 W100. There's several of us from the Atlanta area who post here. We'll have to get together sometime and have a "truck chat". There's a good upholstery shop here in Lawrenceville if you haven't alreay selected one. He's very reasonable pricewise and does good work. Post some pics of your truck even if it's apart or not running. We love pics of trucks in any condition.
Russ Ashley
1969 Adventurer W100

67Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 67Utiline »

Trying to post some pics, but says the file size is too big. What do I do?

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

67Utiline wrote:Trying to post some pics, but says the file size is too big. What do I do?
You will have to make the pics smaller. Your graphic program probably has a re-size option. It might say re-sample but does the same thing. When I post pics I usually make them about 600 pixels wide to keep them large enough for viewing but small enough to upload quickly. If you want to keep the original large pic, use the "save as" function to save the resized picture with a different name.
Or, you can email them to me at ashleys4@bellsouth.net and I'll resize them for you and send them back to you so you can post them.

Russ
1969 Adventurer W100

67Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 67Utiline »

Sent the pics to Russ. I think I may have them posted on the web too.. I am trying!

I think you can just copy and paste this address. I think.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare ... Y6eufeWw--