aftermarket A/C

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Outlaw
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Antone
State: TX

aftermarket A/C

Post by Outlaw »

does anyone have an aftermarket A/C set up? if so what did you go with & can you post pics? my truck came with an A/C unti in it that doesn't work but i don't think its stock either. It sits under the dash with vents & controls all in one unit. I'll get a pic up tomorrow afternoon. i'm wanting to go with a different cleaner look and trying to figure out what to do.
1967 D100 - Learning as I go...

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Re: aftermarket A/C

Post by JimE »

Vintage Air is the way to go. I am in the process of removing my stock duct work as we type. When I get it all done should be around Dec. 1st, I will take pictures and let everyone know. Jim
http://www.vintageair.com
03 Hemi Ram 2500

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Hola There

Since you already have an A/C system in your 1968 truck, you have most of the needed parts already. Just seek out for less than $50 an under dash unit from the local pick & pull. The present vehicle the unit is in does not matter. If you keep the reciept, the pick & pull here in Colo Spgs will honor it if the unit you just paid for fails with-in thirty days.

Most under dash units are slim in the hanging distance. If the unit is thick in hanging distance, they may not clear the space under the dash and in-front of the floor shifter. If your truck is an automatic, the units the size of an apartment frig will fit.

Rodger & Gabby
COS
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

mowingman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Denton, Tx.

Post by mowingman »

I used a Vintage Air, Mark IV, underdash unit in my 69, W200. It worked great and looked great. We did have to rebend the shifter lever a little to clear the Mark IV. However, it was not really noticible.
Jeff
1979 Plymouth Trailduster, 360/auto.
1989 W150 Power Ram shortbed pickup, 318/auto.
1970 W200 Power Wagon long/wide bed, 383/4spd.

Outlaw
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Antone
State: TX

Post by Outlaw »

my current A/C

I'd like something a little less bulky and cleaner looking. Does anyone know if this is a stock unit?
1967 D100 - Learning as I go...