aftermarket mirrors

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Outlaw
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Antone
State: TX

aftermarket mirrors

Post by Outlaw »

What do you guys think of using an aftermarket side mirrors on my Camper Special? I want something a little more sporty looking. Right now i have massive 3 spoke F*rd mirrors (they came with the truck) and i want to change them. Since its so hard to find the little round Dodge Sweptline mirrors i'm thinking of buying 1 spoke aftermarket mirrors. I'd like to keep things mostly Dodge but like ya'll know, the problem with our trucks is they are so hard to get parts for.
1967 D100 - Learning as I go...

dodged200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kokomo, IN

Re: aftermarket mirrors

Post by dodged200 »

If I ever get to my truck, I think thats what Im going to do. Not only are the mirrors for our trucks rare, people just want way to much for them. When you can buy an entire truck for the same amount you can buy the single stem mirrors, I think there is something wrong.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

I don't think parts are that hard to find, I've not had a part that I couldn't find, but then again I don't keep to just what it came with from the factory, I build it the way I want without limiting to factory offerings, for they never came with a 440, mirror wise lots of owners have different kind of mirrors, of which none offered by the factory, not even mine, anything can fit :Thumbsup

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Hola All

I have always thought this was a three part subject.

One part is the "look" of the trucks with the larger up-right rectangle mirrors seems to say "made in yester-year" ( look at the photo's made of the last Colo Cruz while going in "Convoy" ).

The second part is almost the same as the first; the fuller non-shaking frame makes an statement about the truck. Why do all factory Specials have the fuller mirrow ???

The last part of this is just to simply look for mirrows of this size that do not have the lil *Ford Oval* stamped into the metal housing. Good mirrows do show up at the local pick & pulls all the time.

The single post mirrors always give me the "its an city driver's truck" thought when I see them ( then I start thinking the same type of driver may also have the lesser electric cooling fan too).

Have you ever tried to back up with a trailer using those lil bitty mirror's ?

Rodger & Gabby
COS
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

Outlaw
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Outlaw »

here are my current F*rd mirrors that came on the truck.

(turn your head to the side before looking at pic)

Where can i get cheap but still good looking single stem mirrors at?

Outlaw
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Outlaw »

I found a good site for mirrors with an AWESOME price! The site is mainly for ch*vys but the prices are right. Now i just have to deside wich ones to go with. I can't decide between the long stem and round at the end or the ones that look like chevelle/camaro.

The link
http://www.sokyclassics.com/mrrrstsdmrrrs.php