CRL Sliders Window for 1967 - 1972 Ch**y

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
reallylongnickname
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ottawa, Ontario
State: Foreign

CRL Sliders Window for 1967 - 1972 Ch**y

Post by reallylongnickname »

Since there are no rear slider window available for 1967 to 1971 Dodges, I compared the measurements with Ch**y and Dodge, they are close. One thing I noticed though is that slider length for the Ch**y is incorrect. 57-7/8 is not 1495mm, it is 1470mm. This leaves me to question of the actual measurements of the slider window frame or maybe all slider window frames from CRL. I would have to call them to make certain of the measurements and get more particular about other measuring of the slider frame and measuring of the truck also. Anyway, what do guys think? Crazy for attempting this? Maybe we Dodge enthusiasts and Ch**y enthusiast are closer than we think ,since so many parts are interchangeable.
Pick an icon: :lol: or :shame or :salut or :idea

Years, Make and Model: 1967-1972 Large Window GM/Ch**y Truck
Fame Measurements: Width 57-7/8 in (1495 mm); Height 13-15/16 in (354 mm).

Years, Make and Model : 1967-1971 All Dodge Cabs
Frame Measurements: Width 58-1/8 in (1476 mm); Height 13-5/8 in (346 mm).

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: CRL Sliders Window for 1967 - 1972 Ch**y

Post by soopernaut »

Just because they have similar heights and widths doesn't mean the shapes are the same. Did you compare the shapes or just the dimensions?

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Did all the slider sale out?
a few months ago it was posted for the company that had them, I know a lot of people ordered but did they actually sale out? :thinking

reallylongnickname
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Ya their all sold out. I researched it big time. I had the guy go look through the stock, not just inventory on the computer data. Also checked the companies that are whole sellers from CRL.

moparbob71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 21797
State: MD

Post by moparbob71 »

Sold out :thinking I ended up with 2- long, painful story :banghead PM me if you want one, I think I paid 130.00 for the 1st one and 100.00 for the second.Obviously the 1st one is the one for sale......................... :Thumbsup
Bob

reallylongnickname
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

moparbob71 wrote:Sold out :thinking I ended up with 2- long, painful story :banghead PM me if you want one, I think I paid 130.00 for the 1st one and 100.00 for the second.Obviously the 1st one is the one for sale......................... :Thumbsup
Bob
I sent u a PM but haven't gotten a reply. I want hear your story.

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

I have a 72 chev in my drive :pale The bottom of the window is about 1'' longer.the top is about 4''longer. The height appears to be the same as a sweptline. BTW the carpet for a 72 chev fits pretty well in a swept. :dance

Doug

moparbob71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 21797
State: MD

Post by moparbob71 »

reallylongnickname wrote:
moparbob71 wrote:Sold out :thinking I ended up with 2- long, painful story :banghead PM me if you want one, I think I paid 130.00 for the 1st one and 100.00 for the second.Obviously the 1st one is the one for sale......................... :Thumbsup
Bob
I sent u a PM but haven't gotten a reply. I want hear your story.
Hey Really, Sorry, I haven't been on much lately. Working 2 jobs is killing me. When I get home I go to bed.Here's the story.

I saw a post by someone who said this guy out on the west coast had sliders. I called and he quoted me 100.00 plus 30.00 to ship.Sent the money order and waited, and waited, and waited....called 2 months later, got excuses, waited some more. By this time I figured I had been screwed so a new thread had popped up with a place in AZ that had a few.Sent them the $ and got it 3 days later- from New Jersey. About a 2 weeks later I get another one and figured they had duplicated the order. Made the call and no, they hadn't- finally figured out it was the guy from the west coast.It was shipped from New jersey, not Oregon/Washington, just like the 1st one. At that point I was happy just to have what I had paid for even if the shipping was technically over the top. So now I have 2 boxes laying in the bed. I'm still working on the Sanden unit and wiring the electric fuel pump.I guess I'll get one of them in the truck this winter.

reallylongnickname
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

moparbob71, Well sh*t man, sell me one. LOL I thought you were gonna say something like you had incorrect frame size from the factory and you had to do some shaving of the frame. Then when you measured it again, you took too much off, so you had to build it up now or something like that. So if you only have one truck and two sliders, I'll take it off your hands.