baggin the front

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
atdusk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: lethbridge canada

baggin the front

Post by atdusk »

hey guys ok please forgive my ignorance in accordance to these trucks.. i just picked up a 61 with intentions in baggin and body dropping it.. i currently have a 73 mazda that is body dropped to the doors and bagged.. the question i have is.. what are you guys doing for the front end solid axle... keeping it and installing a reverse 4 link and modifying the axle on the out side of the frame rais so the hub site several inches higher?.. like the rat rods and rodders.. or swaping it out for say a mustang II or strenghthened ranger front end.... and baggin it in that manner..

any any all help would be greatly appretiated

steve

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Re: baggin the front

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

some have dropped with straight axle and some have gotten a Mustang II and droped them that way :study

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: baggin the front

Post by meangreen »

reverse 4 link would work, however if your going to bag it and keep the straight axle, your gonna have limited travel, your gonna hitt the oil pan w/ the axle before your rockers hit the ground. even with a body drop your gonna be super close to the oil pan, if not touching
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.