Body parts swapping

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
DavidWymore
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: El Centro (of nowhere)
State: CA

Body parts swapping

Post by DavidWymore »

Can I put a front clip from a '64 on a '71? Or maybe a '67 to '71 or how about jus the hood/grill?

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Re: Body parts swapping

Post by RussRoth »

With the right pieces all the clips will interchange. I have a '70/'71 front on my '67 and intend to swap to the 4 headlight style eventually.
RR
Vancouver, WA

'67 W200/450 CID
AA OD/SM465/205
PTO winch
4.10 powerlock
8R19.5 tires

DavidWymore
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by DavidWymore »

Cool, thanks. Looking at a foureye with straighter fenders and a cooler hood than my '71.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Almost every part is interchangable by itself. The fenders are all interchangable but just have different holes for lights/reflectors and badges. I've seen the flat front hoods on 4 headlight trucks and the 4 headlight hoods on 68-71 trucks but you have to make sure the latches are correct so your hood will latch. The grilles are probably the least interchangable part because the early ones need the early radiator support and the later ones may have some screw holes that need to be drilled to fit different year radiator supports.

moparman64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: prineville
State: OR

Post by moparman64 »

when i get ready to do it, i might be interested in a swap of my 64 front end for a 70-71 type.
i like the look better than the 64. and the hood is smooth. i think that is the thing i like least about my truck is the hood. but the 70-71 hood doesnt have the dip in the middle that matches the grille. has anyone done this swap? does it look out of place? i just think it would, because it doesnt have the dip in the middle on the underside.
life is too damn short to have a boring ride!

64 D-100 short wide /6 with 3 on da tree!
96 dodge neon sedan SRT-4 2.4T swap
78 mercury marquis wagon, 514 stroked big block
78 ford pinto 302/aod 4 speed

DavidWymore
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by DavidWymore »

moparman64 wrote:when i get ready to do it, i might be interested in a swap of my 64 front end for a 70-71 type.
i like the look better than the 64. and the hood is smooth. i think that is the thing i like least about my truck is the hood. but the 70-71 hood doesnt have the dip in the middle that matches the grille. has anyone done this swap? does it look out of place? i just think it would, because it doesnt have the dip in the middle on the underside.
Look at my foureye utiline thread. '64ish with '68 hood.

I'll trade ya '64 parts for my '71 parts :-) I like the old body parts with the louvers, ribs, etc. More character, more ol skool.