headliner help

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
sweptlinemike
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Arlington
State: TN

headliner help

Post by sweptlinemike »

I don't know what the headliner is supposed to look like in these trucks, in posting a pic of what I have to work with, maybe someone can post a pic of what it should look like when its finished. I have a few ideas of what i might do, but id like to see the original headliner. Im sure its a board covered with material, but theres some sort of bracket right in the middle that im thinking might be for a dome light?

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Re: headliner help

Post by Rodger »

Mike

If you look at the "trim lable' on your truck, it should show Custom, Adventure or the like. The better opt'd trucks had these as part of the trim package. The year and the trim level package will show what the interior was like.

If you look around the edge of your roof, you should have lil holes from Phillips headed screws. The center bracket is part of the head liner. It is to keep the roof insert from flaping as you bounce over rail-road tracks or whatever.

The outer part had an chrome "holding" ring.

Rodger & Gabby
COS
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

sweptlinemike
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by sweptlinemike »

thanks, I do see all of the holes for the screws, I was thinking it use to have some sort of panel that fit in the opening,but looks like theres more to it. I will probably never be able to find these items. Hopefully someone will post a pic so I can at least see what it supposed to look like, maybe then I can find a way to duplicate it. I'm seeing something similar with my doors, theres holes and a few hanging clips on the doors but no door panels.

tinker69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: colorado

Post by tinker69 »

Hey, I am a new member, but on my 69, I put some thin indoor/outdoor carpet up there. It was just enough room to slip in the top crack around that square. Looks good fits good, and keeps SOME heat out,warm in.

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

It looks like your truck had the full headliner which was standard on Adventurers and optional on others. Here is a pic of what it looks like. The ridge in the center is not original but my upholstery guy thought the original looked too plain and put it there. This is also not an original color although I think you could get blue, green, black or tan.
headliner.jpg
The headliner itself is formed cardboard that fits into the trim around the sides and rear of the cab and is attached with four screws across the front.
1969 Adventurer W100

sweptlinemike
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by sweptlinemike »

nice pic, thanks for posting it, now I have a better idea what its supposed to look like. If I cant find one I should be able to make one. I use to do auto upholstery in the 80's until I got a job that would pay the bills. Does the outer edge have some sort of trim on it?