Pass door wont open, any tips, 63 is the year.

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Pass door wont open, any tips, 63 is the year.

Post by Cageman »

I am working on a 63 shorty ute and I cant get the pass door open. I can see the handle is working the mechanicals on the inside, and the inside door handle does too, but for some reason it just wont open, I am clueless as to waht to do now, I would like to take the seat out to clean and get rid of the shag carpet that is in there and cook out the gas tank as I transplanted a different slant six into it that runs. I dont really know what to do, The door is open a bit, but it wont go in any farther, and it doesnt budge out at all, it is stuck, anyone else ran into this problem?

Here is the truck I am working on, I bought it two or three years ago, it had a slant in it with a rod hanging out the side, so I put a motor out of a 67 in there, I primed the carb with gas and it purrs like a kitten, I cant believe it. Putting a slant six in is no fun, they are awkward and hard to get in, but being my first one ever, I guess I need to learn the tricks. Im just happy it runs, now to get the hydro clutch to work along with the brakes, only one wheel kinda slows, and it is the left rear, all the other wheels must be rusted up.

bigk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: little rock, iowa

Re: Pass door wont open, any tips, 63 is the year.

Post by bigk »

can you get the inside door panel off? if so, reach in and pull on the door latch rod or use a pliers and pull on the latch itself.

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Re: Pass door wont open, any tips, 63 is the year.

Post by Cageman »

I took the door panel off, but that was not much help, I ended up taking a rod and I pushed on part of the door latch, and it opened after futzin with it for an hour today, it has something broke in the latch, so I need to find a new one I guess.