windshield wiper linkage bushings

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
minrec56
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Boise, ID

windshield wiper linkage bushings

Post by minrec56 »

The linkage on my wipers has come off and it appears that the bushings that go on the pivot arms are shot. I will try the local shops but have my doubts about finding it there. Is there a catalog, like LMC Truck, that maintains an inventory of odd stuff like this bushing? Or any suggestions on where to find one.

Thanks,
Greg

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: windshield wiper linkage bushings

Post by cowboy »

greg what year is you truck , some just have the platic cup looking with a finger like hooked to it & any auto parts should have them in the help setion dodge uesed them for many years
Dave :usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Post by Seabee »

I'm so glad to see this, I've meant to do something about my squeeky rattling wipers forever and just never think about it... unless it's raining! Time to pull the cowl and investigate!

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

The brass bushings were never available separately, you just bought the whole linkage. The links aren't availabe now so you are forced to repair yours or maybe find some used that are not too badly worn. Here's how I repaired mine. I got two brass bushings at the hardware store that had a half inch outside diameter and the correct inside diameter to fit the studs on the pivots. I drilled the original bushings to accept the new ones, cut the new ones to the same length of the originals, and pressed them into the linkages. They were a snug fit so I just used LockTite Red to hold them in place. They can't come out when the wipers are assembled even if they aren't cemented in. Here's a pic of a drilled one and a completed one, and a bushing. I painted them with hammertone paint so that's why the one with the bushing looks rough. The other two have been sandblasted but not painted.
wiperarms.jpg
This worked for me but if yours are worn completely through the bushing into the steel part of the link it probably wouldn't work.
1969 Adventurer W100