rubber parts

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

rubber parts

Post by CSS-Registry »

hello brothers and sisters,

i am looking for opinions on rubber seals - who have you used? what was your opinion on them?

i need everything: window gaskets - front and rear, door seals, door felt, wing window gaskets, and anything else you can think of that is rubber and seals the cab, doors or what have you.

thank you,
Ben
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

HEtkind
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Johnson City, Tennessee

Re: rubber parts

Post by HEtkind »

I just ordered some weatherstrip and such from Dante. I will inspect when I return home tomorrow.

Being on the road for two weeks straight sucks.

Howard
Howard
Johnson City, Tennessee
62 Dodge D100 Town Wagon
62 Dodge M-37
68 Dodge D100 Utiline
2007 Dodge Ram 1500ST

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

I never had any problems with Restoration Specialties or Steel Rubber. I've used items from both. The only thing that I have not been satisfied with was the verticle seals for the vent windows. I got a set from two places and they were the same so I suspect that one manufacturer made them both. The originals have a flat steel bar moulded into them where they rivet to the post, but the reproductions have plastic which doesn't support the ends like the original. My vent window seals, the ones that go around the outer vent frame, came from Vintage Power Wagons and fit good. Restoration Specialties has a kit for Swepts that includes all of it and makes ordering easier. I haven't ordered anything from Danno but have only heard positive things about them.
1969 Adventurer W100

demulsion
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bremerton
State: WA

Post by demulsion »

I just ordered a kit for my windows from http://www.dannoenterprises.com/ this week. Just got the window scrapers and channel felt, nothing for the wing windows. My door seals came from the NAPA book. Just a roll, not custom fit, but they seemed to work ok. Other than I got stuck with ghetto glue...

Seems like this has been a fairly frequent discussion recently, with specific pieces and companies being discussed. I'm sure you've searched and read most of those posts, too.
'69 D200 383/727 -and- '68 D200 318/833od 4x4 conversion project

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

demulsion,

i have to some extent but did not see the answers i wanted.

specific to the window scrapers - do they come with the little clips that hold them to the door skin or do i need to reuse the factory fasteners?

if not, what are you using to fasten the window scrapers to the door?

my clips are gone (as in ma nature reclaimed them) so i wonder if those are available.

Ben
Custom Sports Special
R E G I S T R Y

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

My window scrapers came from RS and had the clips installed. Do not buy any that don't have the clips already installed as you couldn't get them in properly even if you had new clips.
1969 Adventurer W100

demulsion
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by demulsion »

The ones from danno are supposed to have the clips, that's why I got them there. I can let you know how they fit when they get here around the end of the month.

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Ben we got the whole set for the cab from Danno & all worked real well even the scraper for the door glass had the clips, Like Russ said do not get them without the clips you'll never get them right
Dave :usa PS I got a window gasket from auto resto & it was the samw brand as Danno sell's just cheeper in price I just check on the name it was Precision replacement parts , A green bag from both places
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

thanks y'all - pulling the trigger on this within the next month.
Custom Sports Special
R E G I S T R Y

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Ben if you use Danno interprizes just let them know your a member here & you get A 5% discount
Dave :usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

I recently purchased the whole kit from Restoration Specialties.
It is about half installed now. So far everything fits great.
Most of the parts come from Steele. I would suspect this is the same for most
of the other suppliers also. You can get pieces cheaper if you shop multiple
suppliers and piece it together yourself. However, Restoration Specialties is
the only one that offers a complete kit with all the parts, including crew cabs.
They offer a significant discount on the kit, that brings it very close the same
price verse piecing it together your self.

There is a slight exception, the belt strips (scrapers) are a design that they claim
is their own and only they offer. So I would be interested to see what the others look
like. The clips RS use are different than the factory and a better design in my opinion.
They can be removed much easier, if you ever need to pull glass. The factory design
is almost guaranteed to be destroyed. I know that the belt strips RS offers for cars
is different and better than the ones from First Place, which makes them for all the
other suppliers. The FP ones are too tight and murder on power windows. The RS ones
are much closer to factory spec. I have the FP ones on my Fury and plan to replace them
with the RS ones.

Also, RS will cut and glue the corner on the door seals for you in advance. Nothing you
couldn't do yourself, but the did an excellent job.

The profile for the door seals is nothing fancy, JC Whitney used to carry it until just recently.

Is still need to find rubber bumpers for the doors, RS had the hood bumpers, and the local
hard ware store had glove box bumpers. They listed them as chevy license plate bumpers,
but they are dead ringers for the glove box!

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

thanks nfury8 for your detailed opinion.
nfury8 wrote:I recently purchased the whole kit from Restoration Specialties.
It is about half installed now. So far everything fits great.
Most of the parts come from Steele. I would suspect this is the same for most
of the other suppliers also. You can get pieces cheaper if you shop multiple
suppliers and piece it together yourself. However, Restoration Specialties is
the only one that offers a complete kit with all the parts, including crew cabs.
They offer a significant discount on the kit, that brings it very close the same
price verse piecing it together your self.

There is a slight exception, the belt strips (scrapers) are a design that they claim
is their own and only they offer. So I would be interested to see what the others look
like. The clips RS use are different than the factory and a better design in my opinion.
They can be removed much easier, if you ever need to pull glass. The factory design
is almost guaranteed to be destroyed. I know that the belt strips RS offers for cars
is different and better than the ones from First Place, which makes them for all the
other suppliers. The FP ones are too tight and murder on power windows. The RS ones
are much closer to factory spec. I have the FP ones on my Fury and plan to replace them
with the RS ones.

Also, RS will cut and glue the corner on the door seals for you in advance. Nothing you
couldn't do yourself, but the did an excellent job.

The profile for the door seals is nothing fancy, JC Whitney used to carry it until just recently.

Is still need to find rubber bumpers for the doors, RS had the hood bumpers, and the local
hard ware store had glove box bumpers. They listed them as chevy license plate bumpers,
but they are dead ringers for the glove box!
Custom Sports Special
R E G I S T R Y

demulsion
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by demulsion »

cowboy wrote:Ben if you use Danno interprizes just let them know your a member here & you get A 5% discount
Dave :usa
Now ya tell me...

I just put in the belt strips from Danno (http://www.dannoenterprises.com/wtruck.htm#DodgeTruck). They are made by Precision Replacement Parts, like Cowboy said. I'm not aware that Steele makes that part for our trucks. At any rate, these ones went in easy, and fit well. They are just a smidge too long, but I'd rater they err on the side of caution... They use the same clip as factory, but I didn't have a problem getting them in or out. Hope that helps. Oh yeah, my door seals are from the NAPA parts book.