Seat Belts

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
mightydodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kansas City/Missouri

Seat Belts

Post by mightydodge »

Question, has anyone taken the seat belts out of their Sweptline and replaced them? I'm getting ready to do mine but was a little apprehensive because I'm not sure yet how to get the washer and nut onto the bolt. Obviously the bolt goes through the hole next to the bracket for seat, but the only way I can see to get inside floorboard to put on the washer and nut is through the rectangular access hole for the cab mounts, which is obviously not very big at all. Just looking for some advice/previous experience. Thanks.
1968 Dodge D-100
225 ci, 3-speed

wittyhoosier
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Great Lakes, IL

Re: Seat Belts

Post by wittyhoosier »

[Mightydodge],

I don't have an answer for you, but another question along the same line:
Are the threaded holes near the roof in the back of my cab (1970) intended for shoulder belts? They look to be in the proper place and of sufficient size, but plugged w/plastic plugs. I'd like to upgrade to the shoulder/lap belt for more safety, but want to make sure the B-pillar is reinforced for that purpose.

mightydodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mightydodge »

You've got me on that one. My truck doesn't have anything like that.
1968 Dodge D-100
225 ci, 3-speed

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Mightydodge, have you removed them yet? Not 100% sure on the 68's, but the washer and nut should be welded on.

Wittyhoosier, not sure which year you have, but most likely , Yes. I am thinking the anchors were added in 69, but
again, not 100% certain. My 70 & 71 bith have them, just little plastic buttons covering the threads. Even the
crew cabs have them on the B pillars.

mightydodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mightydodge »

No, I haven't removed them yet. However, I think I'm going to have a problem regardless because I had to replace my cab (it was beyond repair) with a 1964 cab. I've done all the metal work and modifications to turn it into a 1968 cab. If that's the case, with the nut and washer being welding into place, I guess I'll have to get creative!
1968 Dodge D-100
225 ci, 3-speed

Panelbeater02
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Panelbeater02 »

Just in case anyone wants to get new belts, or, have new webbing installed, go to:

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com

Panelbeater

OleRed66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North
State: UT

Post by OleRed66 »

my '66 has threaded holes just below the fuel tank for the seatbelts. There are 4 holes total. My truck came with only two seatbelts, I added a third. I had no problems taking the bolts out and puting them back in. Good luck!!
1966 Dodge D100 - Ole Red
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - The Jeep
1985 Honda Magna - Maggie
2007 Dodge Durango Hemi (wifes) - D
1992 Plymouth Acclaim - Gramma

RFujan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: MILTON FREEWATER
State: OR

Post by RFujan »

I have a 1964 Utiline that has the option 41702 seat belt anchor. What I don't know for sure is that the seat belts I have are from the factory, or dealer install, or something the US Government installed on there own (Since this truck was originally owned by the US Atomic Energy Commission). For information, they are CS6000 Cummings & Sanders a Subsidiary of A.S.E. PAT 2.846.745 NOS 2.876.516 latches with Patent No. 3128520 Sister Hooks. There are eye hooks mounted to the floor that the sister hooks opposingly latch into.

The closest I could find are these in gray:
https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/1 ... wMQAvD_BwE

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Haven't ever seen factory seat belts in an early Swepty so can't answer your question.
But would like to know more about the truck and see pics. I have a 62 W300 that was also a USAEC truck at the Lawrence Radiation Lab. I bought it from them at auction in 83.

BigBlockTrucks
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Binghamton
State: NY

Post by BigBlockTrucks »

In the 63 d400 we owned. The eye bolts were in the floor but the seat belts were not there possibly removed by previous owner. It was originally purchased by the US navy. Maybe they had them added?
Late 65 w 200.
Factory LU-2 winch.
Updates: 205 transfer case,4.10 gears, disc brake Dana 60 front with lock out hubs
440 repower in the works

60 d100
383 with 727
4 wheel disc
3.73 geared rear

Red383
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fort Loramie
State: OH

Post by Red383 »

My truck didn't have seatbelts so I installed them. If you scroll down my build thread, you can see how I fished the backing plates into my truck and riveted them in place.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=43166&start=140
1965 Dodge D200, 318 4-speed converted to 4x4 with NV4500 trans