Seat belts?

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Grandpastruck
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Seat belts?

Post by Grandpastruck »

Has anyone installed seatbelts in their old truck? We have a 1961 D100, that our 16 year old daughter is driving, and we were thinking of putting in just some across the lap style belts. It is grandfathered in if she would get stopped by the cops for anything, but we live in deer country!! thanks

OleRed66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North
State: UT

Post by OleRed66 »

I put a 3rd belt in my '66. I used the bolts of the other two belts, figured it was good enough. I'm assuming that you don't have any belts in yours. Mine are bolted into the panel that the fuel tank sets on. There are 4 threaded holes and the bolts are shoulder bolts. Ebay sometimes has belts for sale, or try the local junkyard, and you can see how it is done.

`mic

:usa Mitt Romney in '08
1966 Dodge D100 - Ole Red
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - The Jeep
1985 Honda Magna - Maggie
2007 Dodge Durango Hemi (wifes) - D
1992 Plymouth Acclaim - Gramma

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

You can buy aftermarket seatbelts that would look fine at most auto parts stores.

I don't know if all the trucks had the threads for the bolts or if they were added to the trucks that got seatbelts. :study That would be the biggest problem if your truck doesn't have them. I'm sure there is something you could bolt them to, even the seat frame would be better than nothing.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Seat belts?

Post by Hobcobble »

Grandpastruck wrote:Has anyone installed seatbelts in their old truck? We have a 1961 D100, that our 16 year old daughter is driving, and we were thinking of putting in just some across the lap style belts. It is grandfathered in if she would get stopped by the cops for anything, but we live in deer country!! thanks
I installed belts from a '68 parts truck in my '61.
I attached them to the floor near the bottom of the
gas tank ledge, using chunks of plate steel under
the cab. GET SEAT BELTS IN THAT TRUCK!!! You not
only have to worry about deer.... but the other
drivers out on the road. I'd hate to be the one
to smack into that all steel dashboard.... much less
the steering wheel.
John