DOOR PROBLEM!!!

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

DOOR PROBLEM!!!

Post by wide65 »

The passenger door hates me..LOL.....

I have tried for a long time(won't say to embarresed) and can't ever seem to get the door aligned correct.... Currently it needs to be lifted when shut... the line is to high on the front and it hits the striker funny in the back...can anyone help?

ozzie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: colorado springs
State: CO

Post by ozzie »

you could try and loosen the front hinges on the door, they are slotted for that reason. and readjust the striker.it is slotted also. I had the same problem a few years ago. you will have to fine tune it a little at a time. if that doesn't work you may have to replace the pins, or the hinge. Ozzie.
ozzie

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

ozzie wrote:you could try and loosen the front hinges on the door, they are slotted for that reason. and readjust the striker.it is slotted also. I had the same problem a few years ago. you will have to fine tune it a little at a time. if that doesn't work you may have to replace the pins, or the hinge. Ozzie.
I've been trying it all worked great till I had to remove the door to put on a front fender...... Trouble since... Would you be willing to help?

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

The fit and finish on these rigs sometime is not very good. I thought I had a bad passenger door on the cab I put on. I found an absolute perfect one in a wrecking yard and it would not fit any better than the one it replaced. Turns out the cab is far from right and I will have to go back and do some work on the cab itself if I ever want it to be anywhere close to perfect. Just some insight into the trouble I have had getting things lined up. :thinking
RR
Vancouver, WA

'67 W200/450 CID
AA OD/SM465/205
PTO winch
4.10 powerlock
8R19.5 tires

ozzie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ozzie »

wide65 wrote:
ozzie wrote:you could try and loosen the front hinges on the door, they are slotted for that reason. and readjust the striker.it is slotted also. I had the same problem a few years ago. you will have to fine tune it a little at a time. if that doesn't work you may have to replace the pins, or the hinge. Ozzie.
I've been trying it all worked great till I had to remove the door to put on a front fender...... Trouble since... Would you be willing to help?
I could give you a hand, where are you located? Ozzie.
ozzie

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

ozzie wrote: I could give you a hand, where are you located? Ozzie.
I am over by Powers and Constitution area..... I will be gone until Monday though! When is a good time for you?

ozzie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ozzie »

wide65 wrote:
I am over by Powers and Constitution area..... I will be gone until Monday though! When is a good time for you?
I have to work the whole weekend. my next days off are wed. and thurs. or after four on tuesday. I am at union and constitution. Ozzie.
ozzie

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

ozzie wrote:
wide65 wrote:
I have to work the whole weekend. my next days off are wed. and thurs. or after four on tuesday. I am at union and constitution. Ozzie.
I will be back by 6 tuesday!!I hope depends on work!