What's wrong with my door?

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
2bluesweptlines
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Longview, Texas

What's wrong with my door?

Post by 2bluesweptlines »

The driver door on my '64 D100 is hard to open. From the inside, I have to pull the handle once, and it seems to half way unlatch, then lift up, and pull it again to open. From the outside, I have to do the same thing. I can open it in one pull if I pull up hard. Is this the hinges, hinge pins, star wheel, latches, etc?
Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has the parts to fix this, I would be interested in buying them.
Thanks,
Stephan
'63 W300 Perkins turbo diesel (for sale)

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CLIFF »

I would first try to just adjust the doors, per Jims restoration cd or factory manual. Actually hold up I'll find the pic on Jims Cd.............ah ha! here you go...

And if its not a adjustment problem. Im certain its your hinge pins. You can get new hinge pins from...

Click here.... http://vintagepowerwagons.com/products/ ... ptline.htm

michael

Post by michael »

The fit of the hinge pins to the holes in the hinge plates is likely quite loose. I found the upper pin on my 63 had worked out of the lower hole and was hanging in the very loose upper hole. I made some bushings that have more bearing surface & welded them into the plate after reboring the holes, then made a new pin with an E-clip retainer so it can't work loose.

If there is enough interest I can make a batch of them. Price would be reasonable and dictated by quantity.