1970 CREW CAB BODY PART INTERCHANGEABILITY

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: reno nv
State: NV

1970 CREW CAB BODY PART INTERCHANGEABILITY

Post by 440SCOUT »

OK SO I TRADED A 76 W100 STANDARD CAB SHORT BED STRAIGHT ACROSS FOR A 1970 W200 CREWCAB SHORT BED..
BUT I DONT LIKE THE NEWER STYLE GRILLE ..

I INHERITED A 63 D200 AND I WOULD LIKE TO PUT THAT FRONT GROUP ON THE 70. DOES THIS WORK AS FAR AS BODY LINES ETC??? (REDRILLING BOLT HOLES OR MAKING NEW BODY MOUNTS DOESNT BOTHER ME)..
ALSO I WAS THINKING THE 61 GRILLE IS PRETTY COOL IF I FOUND ONE WOULD THAT FIT RIGHT IN PLACE OF THE STEEL ONE IN THE 63???
LASTLY I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT A FARGO INSTEAD OF A DODGE IS THAT JUST AN EMBLEM CHANGE OR IS THERE MORE TO IT...
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Hola Person Asking For help

In order to start learning more about your new vehicle, please look over the information provided on the attached site ( http://www.sweptline.com/hist/prod_info.html ) if you have not done this yet.

When I first got our truck this information was not given to me and I wish it would of happened.

I have no swap information of what you are asking. Just wait for others to get off work or what-ever.

Rodger & Gabby
COS

ps

please finish the part of your name and basic vehicle, your location and etc.
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

Jones
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Castle Rock/WA
State: WA

Post by Jones »

:welcome

I am pretty sure the older core support will fit and line up just fine. And as far as the radiator is concerned... I will asume that it will fit too. :Thumbsup

Just remember the 2 bolts that hold the core support on to the frame are actually a stud with 2 nuts. They can be a pain...

Someone else can chime in if I'm incorrect in any of this.

:2cents
Keith

PS Air tools keep the cussing to a minimum. :pale
62 D100
63 D100 (Parts)
64 D100
2012 Dodge 1500

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

all the fender's are the same except for a few holes, if both front clips are in good shape just swap them as a unit , i "am not sure about the grille"s
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

You'll have to use the early core support. Depending
on the offset of the radiator frame, your '70 rad
may [possibly] fall too close or too far from your
engine. The '63 hood follows the top line of the
early grill, unlike the '68-'71 hoods. Fenders are
the same but the holes for fender badges are in
different locations. You'll have to modify your
head lamp wiring to accommodate the extra lamps. The
plugs for the lamps and for the turn signals are
smaller on the earlier Sweptlines. A '61 "Egg Crate"
grill will fit that '63 core support :Thumbsup
Sounds like you made a good trade :clap
John

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 440SCOUT »

THANKS
I WAS ON RAMCHARGERCENTRAL. AND ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND WAS TOLD I MADE A BAD DECISION SO I GUESS IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE COMPANY .. PERSONALLY I SEE DOZENS OF THE 72-80 BODY STYLE TRUCKS EVERY DAY AND ONLY A FEW 61-71'S A MONTH LET ALONE CREW CABS, SO I'M EXCITED.. I THOUGHT THE FRONT GROUP SWAP WOULD WORK BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN THE EARLIER TRUCKS WITH THE LATER PUSHBUTTON DOORS ON THEM SO THE BODY LINES MUST BE THE SAME.. AS FAR AS WIRING RADIATORS BODY MOUNTS ETC THAT CAN ALL BE FABBED AS LONG AS THE FRONT LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS TO THE REST OF THE TRUCK.. ALSO IT HAS A STEPSIDE BED BUT I HAVE A SWEPT SIDE FROM A 66 THAT SHOULD BE A BOLT ON TOO RIGHT??
OH ONE MORE THING I ASSUME THE RADIATOR IN MY 70IS NOT ORIGINAL ANY WAY BECAUSE I RAN THE VIN AND IT SAYS MY TRUCK WAS ORIGINALLY A SLANT 6 TRUCK BUT IT CURRENTLY HAS A 383...
LASTLY DID THEY MAKE A POWERWAGON UNDER THE FARGO NAME OR DID THEY CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE??
ANYONE GOT ANY FARGO EMBLEMS FOR THE EARLY STYLE SWEPT?? ANY CONDITION WILL WORK ,I'M NOT BUILDING A SHOW TRUCK...
THANKS AGAIN
Last edited by 440SCOUT on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 440SCOUT »

BY THE WAY IM NOT NEW I JUST COULDNT ACCESS /REMEMBER MY OLD PROFILE ... I'VE BEEN A A-100 OWNER FOR ABOUT 12 YEARS....
:banghead

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Later push-button doors can be made to work on
earlier cabs but you have to graft the striker
plates onto the cab... a bit of welding is needed.

It sounds like someone did throw another radiator
in your W200. You'd be running awfully hot if the
\6 rad were still in there.

The short wide box should bolt to your frame without
any difficulties. Keep ahold of the Utiline box
though.... they're sought after.

I wouldn't expect the folks at the R.C. site to say
different.... but we all KNOW that the Sweptline
trucks rule.... nuff said :salut

As far as the W-Series Fargo goes.... I believe
they're called the "POWER WAGON-EH?!" :joker
John

spikekid999
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: sticks of WI

Post by spikekid999 »

hey man i heard you might be selling a 70 grille. how much do you want for it. im looking for one for my 69.
craig

1973 dodge dart (project Money Eater[urlhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934209[/url]

1987 Chrysler Fifth avenue (Training Day Chrysler)[urlhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2647481[/url]

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 440SCOUT »

yea the 63 is a runner and is in great shape except someone put bed side boxes in it.. which i dont like.. i was just going to swap the whole front clip together.the 63 has been in my family since it was new but its a standard cab 2wd long bed (not very desireable) but i may swap the 70 front group onto the 63 and give it to my dad as a work truck.. i would rather not scrap it..
oh one more thing the crew cab has an aftermerket shifter on the floor but i would rather have the shifter on the dash like my a-100 has.. what years used the dash shifter versus the pushbutton,or column shift??
thanks again

spikekid999
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spikekid999 »

where do you live?ill trade you my 69 grille for the 70 grill so you could put that on the 63 if you swap the front ends
craig

1973 dodge dart (project Money Eater[urlhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934209[/url]

1987 Chrysler Fifth avenue (Training Day Chrysler)[urlhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2647481[/url]

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

The dash shift set-up ran from late '65 through '68
as I recall. Your '70 would be correct with a column
shift automatic. You'd be into some mods for sure if
you want to install an earlier dash in your truck.
John

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 440SCOUT »

I AM IN RENO NV
SORRY I MUST HAVE BEEN TYPING WHEN YOU POSTED
I DONT KNOW I GUESS I COULD SWAP YOU I HAVENT REALLY LOOKED AT THE CONDITION OF MINE TO CLOSELY...THERS NOT REALLY ANY DIFFERENCE EXCEPT YOURS IS ALL METAL AND MINE HAS THOSE PLASTIC GRILLE INSERTS RIGHT?
IS YOURS PAINTED OR CHROME??

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 440SCOUT »

I COULD PROBABLY DO THE SWAP BECAUSE THE 66 I'M GETTING THE BED OFF OF WILL BE GETTING PARTED OUT (MY FRIEND WHO I GOT THIS TRUCK FROM HAS 2 69'S AND A 68 HE IS PUTTING TOGETHER ALONG WITH 2 77'S AND THE 76 I TRADED HIM) I WOULD LIKE TO DO A DIESEL SWAP IN THIS TRUCK.. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A FRONT DANA 60 AND FOR THE PRICE OF THOSE I CAN ALMOST BUY A COMPLETE WRECKED 88-93 WITH THE DIESEL THAT ALREADY HAS THE D-60.. HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE A DIESEL SWAP IN THESE TRUCKS? IF SO I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME PICTURES...
IF THAT DOESNT PAN OUT I HAVE THE OPTION OF A FREE RUNNING 413 THAT IS IN ONE OF THE 77'S RIGHT NOW.. ARE 413'S AS GOOD AS SAY A 440 ?? IVE HAD A TON OF 440'S BUT NEVER A 413,I ASSUME IT WAS ORIGINALLY OUT OF A MOTORHOME BUT IM NOT SURE I HAVENT CHECKED CASTING #S OR ANYTHING..
THANKS FOR LETTING ME RAMBLE
AND I APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE

spikekid999
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spikekid999 »

the difference in the 68/69 grilles and the 70/71 grilles is that the 68/69 grills have 8 holes and no inserts and the 70/71 grilles have 4 holes with plastic inserts. also the 68/69 grilles have vertical orange turn signals next to the headlights and the 70/71 grilles have horizontial clear turn signals in the bottom ourside corner holes...if that makes any sense to you
craig

spikekid999
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spikekid999 »

i almost forgot my grill is painted. was originaly white but i painted it black. how bout yours??

the top pic is of after i painted the grille and the bottom pic is of after i primed my truck and took the blinker lenses off for a cleaner look but i still have the lenses
craig

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 440SCOUT »

yea i understand.
i went and looked at it and the driver side of the bumper is pushed back into the fender a little so the end where the headlight is, is pushed back slightly its only really noticeable along the flat part of the top because it has a little wrinkle. (its very workable unless you going for an awesome concours style restoration).
in all honesty it will probably straighten out as soon as it is removed from the bent panel below it.. i'll see if i can get a pic for you.
:Thumbsup (how about it mike can you go out there and snap a picture of the grille and post it on here for me.. i know you are reading this) :idea

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 440SCOUT »

MINE IS THE BRIGHT ALUMINUM FINISH...
BY THE WAY THAT BED WILL BE UP FOR GRABS CHEAP IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A SHORT STEPSIDE BED...

spikekid999
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by spikekid999 »

ya ill trade you.if you dont staighten it thats fine.its not like its gonna be a all out show truck.
craig

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 440SCOUT »

OK BUT YOU PAY SHIPPING BOTH WAYS