what seat will fit in 69 d100?

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
flint
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

what seat will fit in 69 d100?

Post by flint »

well i have been looking amd pretty much found nothing what seats are around the same size and mount around the same that will fit in my 69 d100? i dont care about make or model just something inexpensive that i could find at a junk yard as i am on my spring break next week and i am going to try and finish her up so i can start driving her around
thanks
Flint

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Well I'm pretty curious myself. :thinking I would imagine it should be farely simple to find something. I plan on spending some time in the JY tomorrow so hopefully I won't forget the tape measure. My Swepty's aren't in the state as me right now, so maybe you (or someone else) can post your seat deminsions. What do you think you have in mind? I'll probably look at everything from 5th Avenues to Caravans. Who knows? Although I think I'll have luck with Dodge trucks.
Doug

flint
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flint »

well im not with my truck either as i am in college till break, i am looking for a good confortable bench seat, that would be great if you could post what you find.
flint

tom-adc
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: LaA
State: CA

Post by tom-adc »

I didn't look in the yards but did look at many after market replacement seats plus a few at the local swap meets and just didn't want to spend the money they wanted after seat/adpaters were bought. Took mine odwn to a local shop, it was shot wires broken and down to bare frame, seat was a old pillow and a blanket. Had it rebuilt and its like sitting on my couch for comfort. Cost was just over $200.00

Blue67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

seat

Post by Blue67 »

The seat out of my 66 is still in Missoula. Saddle blanket seat cover on it so I don't know what shape the original material is in. Comfortable to sit on though

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston

Post by Seabee »

Mine are from a 96 Ram pickup. Minor mods to the mount bracket is required. Pics at Norm's photo site; http://imageevent.com/moparnorm/paintan ... c2.tiger_s

pics 68-77

stealthman

Post by stealthman »

I've got a original seat, no sagging springs, no rips or tears, reapolstered with matching visors and dash pad. $100
Image The spots on the seat, came clean.

flint
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flint »

thats i would be intreasted but shipping would probably kill me Blue67 i emailed you but never got a reply?
thanks
ryan

duracell
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Peoria,Arizona

Post by duracell »

i've got a bench seat from a 93 dodge pick up in mine from the p.o. he put bolts through the cab floor with metal plate's as extra support so the bolt has less chance to pull through. and if you notice the original mounts are still there so you can put in a original later if you want.
as always and sometimes not,steve

TedWitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Magnolia

Seats

Post by TedWitt »

Whatcha gotta watch out for here is the way the seat is made, if you still have the seat tank, the seat back is made to fit around the fuel tank, in other words, the tank fits into the back of the seat. The seat from a car will have too thick of a back on it and you will end up with you're gut against the steering wheel. The seat from my buddies 2001 1500 short cab standard shift is perfect.
Last edited by TedWitt on Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

I've got a front seat from a '68 Newport hardtop that I'm looking at putting in one of the trucks. Width-wise, it is nearly on the money. The seat will need to be bolted to the stock truck tracks to work, but I do not have the truck seat out yet to see how this is going to work. The Chrysler seat has a center fold-down armrest. The leather is in real nice shape (turquoise, though!) and the cloth inserts need to be redone...got it for a $50 bill, so if it doesn't fit, it's going to make a fine shop seaat!
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

TedWitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Seat

Post by TedWitt »

Whatch the thickness of the back of the seat, car seats are really thick, they take up a lot of room in these old truck cabs.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

I'm looking to relocate the gas tank under the bed or use a saddle tank with a sending unit, so I'm not real concerned about the fuel tank.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

TedWitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Fuel Tank

Post by TedWitt »

If you're not concerned with space in the rear, get a tank from an old square Mack tank and put in the bed for now. Before I got my seat tank from Cowboy, I had a really neat wooden tool box where the tank is now. Let me measure up and see, but I think the older Cheby tanks well fit the frame.

Snowdogg
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Snowdogg »

stealthman wrote:I've got a original seat, no sagging springs, no rips or tears, reapolstered with matching visors and dash pad. $100
Image The spots on the seat, came clean.
Looks NICE. Where did you get the carpet? " I Love the mustang shifter, I've got one in mine also, At least for now." :Thumbsup

TedWitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Seat

Post by TedWitt »

There's nothing wrong with that. I wish I still had the seat from mine, it's been gone for many years. I've had the '69 since '83.

spikekid999
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: sticks of WI

Post by spikekid999 »

i put 73 dart sport seats in my truck on a lil red express seat frame with armrest. theres no front bolts in the seats yet im gonna have to make a plate for em.
craig

1973 dodge dart (project Money Eater[urlhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934209[/url]

1987 Chrysler Fifth avenue (Training Day Chrysler)[urlhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2647481[/url]

sireland67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by sireland67 »

Seabee wrote:Mine are from a 96 Ram pickup. Minor mods to the mount bracket is required. Pics at Norm's photo site; http://imageevent.com/moparnorm/paintan ... c2.tiger_s

pics 68-77
Where did you find the close to original materal to cover the head liner? That looks real nice.
Shawn