Floor Mat resource for Sweptlines

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
mightydodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kansas City/Missouri

Floor Mat resource for Sweptlines

Post by mightydodge »

I've been looking for a replacement floor mat for my 1968 Dodge pickup for quite a while now. Just thought I'd share the different suppliers that I have found. Though I've never been able to find it in colors (mine was originally green) black isn't the worst thing in the world.

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/
http://www.millsupply.com/
http://www.robertsmotorparts.com

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I got mine from Mill supply, and it fit real nice. IF you do buy a mat from "anyone" make sure you get the JUTE for it too. This keeps the cab quieter, and helps keep the heat OR cold off the floor.

Here is info for them:
MILL SUPPLY: http://www.millsupply.com/ 1-800-888-5072

Reproduction floor mat (80-61-101) ( Although not original pattern, good fit, nice looking)
Floor mat jute (M-1631)

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

wally

Post by wally »

I just called them and they have no listing for a d300 pick up. I thought all sweptlines 100 - 300 would have the same mat. I ordered a mat from Pat Walsh, and it did not fit -the center "hump" had way too much material, and the hole for the column was at least several inches off, from where it needed to be. DID I MISS SOMETHING? Again, I thought the sheet metal for these trucks was all the same. confused (nothing too uncommon)

steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by steven »

Wally- From what I've heard, the "hump" in the 300 and up series is shorter than the 100-200 series. Thus there being more material in the mat you got. It was probably for a 100-200.
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

wally

Post by wally »

where do I go, and who do I talk to? I need one of these to finish.... Really, this is the only part I need to finish up the interior of the cab (sort of..) Thanks for backing up my assumption, that I am not the only one with this particular problem.

mowingman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Denton, Tx.

Post by mowingman »

The floor center hump is different for W/D 100/200/300 series trucks. I found that the floor mat from Roberts Motor Parts can be used for any of these applications if you are not afraid of some cutting and fitting. When I called them, they said their mat would not fit my W200. They were wrong. With some work, it looks great.
Jeff
1979 Plymouth Trailduster, 360/auto.
1989 W150 Power Ram shortbed pickup, 318/auto.
1970 W200 Power Wagon long/wide bed, 383/4spd.

wally

Post by wally »

what kind of cutting and fitting are you talking about -do you mean visible seems? The steering wheel cutout is way out of the way, as I am trying to match up the cutout for the pedal and the high beam switch, as well as the cutouts for the firewall christmas tree fittings.
I can live with a couple of issues, but what I have looks like a very poor fit. Any Tricks you have would be appreciated.......

mowingman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Denton, Tx.

Post by mowingman »

I don't know what would be required to fit one of these mats to your W300. Om my 69, W200, we ended up with one lapover joint along the left side of the trans. hump. We used a couple of interior trim screws to secure the joint and it looks great. No other visible joints were required on my truck.
amother possible source for a mat is Steele Rubber Products.
Jeff
1979 Plymouth Trailduster, 360/auto.
1989 W150 Power Ram shortbed pickup, 318/auto.
1970 W200 Power Wagon long/wide bed, 383/4spd.

wally

Post by wally »

I have a d300. Seems are what I don't like, but may have to live with. The hole where my steering column is way forward of the actual location, in other words, the hole is already up near the firewall -what a bummer.

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

call your
dodge dealer
the TRUCKS were the same tell 73
see if they have one for a D-500
ENJOY LIFE, --- It's the longest thing anyone ever does-- --

When seconds count, Help is only minutes away-----------------

wally

Post by wally »

are you telling me that a d500 and a d300, even though a ten year difference, are the same - or - are you saying that the d500 (whatever year between 62 -70 roughly) were the same, and that the D200, 100 were difference? This is what I am getting from the two places I called to get the mats.
Anybody have any leads on an "OL STYLE" dodge dealership with old inventory? No one here in Northern Cali will have anything I can think of..... Myabe Kyle would know.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

The medium duty trucks used the Sweptline styled cab and front sheet metal through 73. They should have roughly the same cab as yours. There may have been changes to the steering column and the pedals so I don't know if the same mat would work or not. Maybe you could buy one of those universal trim-to-fit floor mats and cut it to size.

PowerMan
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Auburn
State: CA

Post by PowerMan »

Try this: http://www.accmats.com/. They have nice carpet kits and I think they have rubber/vinyl floor mats. I don't think they come with holes for the floor shifters or 4WD levers.

Power Man :usa
1962 W100 - NV4500- LU2 winch Looking for a 4BT!
1965 W200 CC 12 Valve P-Pump, HX35/S475, 5x12s, pushrods, 60# springs, 55 DVs, NV4500
1965 D100-> W100 Town Wagon 225 Slant - NP435