My 71 D100 In the process of Being pimped

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
hemisixpac

My 71 D100 In the process of Being pimped

Post by hemisixpac »

hemisixpac

Post by hemisixpac »

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

pimped

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

I don't see it? You won't be able to use yahoo as a host but you can let us go to your yahoo photo's and see them.

mesman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Largo, Fl
State: FL

Post by mesman »

What don't you see? I see two pictures, one of the exterior and one of the interior. Really nice truck! Good job on it, love those wheels!

Floorguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Floorguy »

I don't see anything either, just the url link. I tried clicking on it, but nothing happens. I even tried typing in the url listed, no good.

Mesman, how were you able to view the two pictures?

Sounds like a nice truck. :lol:

mesman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mesman »

It's just here for me! I'm not looking anywhere but this page! I come to this page and the two pictures are here! I do see a url above the picture of the interior, ( http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/412d14ce_8e ... BB3HQG.ZB2 ) and if I copy and paste it into another browser, it shows me the other picture, but it's on this page for me already. I really don't understand why you have problems seeing it, unless it's hecause the pictures are kind of big. they cover my screen and I have to move them around to see the whole pictures. Are those of you having problems using a 56k modem, (dial up)? Also, Im not using any kind of Yahoo, so I don't see how that could be an issue.

mesman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mesman »

hemisixpac, if you haven't already, be sure to get a picture of that baby to wideblock for the calendar! It looks great!

hemisixpac

Problems Viewing Pic

Post by hemisixpac »

Sorry if you had problems viewing the pics, try going to this link.

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/kirchh ... global.net

I would like to thank everyone that help put together the sweptline page because I would still be molding steel for my floor pans. It ain't easy findin parts!!!! This is a 71 Dodge that my dad bought brand new for $3000, It has been on every road in northern California, Oregon, and parts of Nevada including some roads that a 4x4 would have trouble on. It has had the engine and the transmission rebuilt twice but the rear end has about 500,000 miles on it. Anyone know what kind a replacement rear end would be most compatible, possibly a posi. I am gettin kinda tired of just roastin the one tire, hehe.

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

hey hemi, good looking truck :Thumbsup how do you get such a high stance from a 2wd?
the rear ends can be rebuilt fairly easy, napa has all the seals and bearings. and the third member will swap from literally thousands of chrysler vehicles to get you a posi unit. any car or truck with the 8.75 rear end will work. use thier third member and your housing and axles. http://www.ring-pinion.com or check the link, they can sell you the stuff to make the one you got a posi with all the rebuild parts as well.
and by all means get me a pic of the truck for the calendar. i alomost just stole the side view pic of yahoo. but its has another truck in the background so it wont fly. get me a shot of the truck by itself in some nice scenery, or some kind of action shot would work too. and ill stick it in the running for this years calendar. dead line is the 30th of sept.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

1972Dodge

Seats?

Post by 1972Dodge »

Man, that's sweet.

What are those seats out of? What's with the console? I mean, it looks good, so don't take that wrong, but does it have a speaker in it, just for storage? What's the deal?

I gotta do something with my interior. I have no storage, no speakers, no radio, no glove box. I need some damn storage.

hemisixpac

71 Dodge

Post by hemisixpac »

I got the seats out of a junkyard, they were out of a totaled mitsubishi eclipse, I didn't plan on getting them out of that kind of car they were just the best looking seats I could find in the yard. I wouldn't of minded the bench seat that was in it but I am 6'5'' and I couldn't even see out the front window. So I made some brackets that lowered the seat some. The center console is a subwoofer box, It has a floor firing 10" infinity that thumps pretty good in that small cab. I had plenty of room to put the amp under the seat. I wanted the speaker box to be an arm rest but when the stereo place built the custom box it was to low. So I built a box to put on top of it for storage, it is a little bit too high now so I might have to trim off a couple inches. Also the truck sits up a little higher than the usual ones because I had all the leaf springs re-arced and an extra leaf added to the back ones. I wanted to give the truck a stance, I hate the look of a truck that sags in the back loaded or unloaded. I also added shocks in the back with helper springs for loads.

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

OK, I finally could see it using the last link. That's a good looking truck, but then I'm partial to short wide bed sweptlines. That upper chrome trim is rare. For some reason you don't see it very often. I remember going truck shopping with my Dad in 69 or 70. The dealer had a lot full of trucks, all were well equipped, and they had all colors. They told us we could buy any one of them for $3000. We didn't buy one then but I wish I could turn the calendar back.
1969 Adventurer W100

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Great truck! I love the shorties too! What really makes it special is it is still in your family! :clap Keep it that way!

Jim

1972Dodge

Post by 1972Dodge »

:Thumbsup That's what I was wanting to know. thanks It's looking good.