Gauge wiring

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
ColtonBrown67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Gauge wiring

Post by ColtonBrown67 »

Hello I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the wiring locations on the round individual 1967 dodge d100 gauges
And where they exactly go the wiring diagrams just don’t seem to have the gauge wiring like the speedometer and rpm gauge thanks Colton

pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: Gauge wiring

Post by pwadventurer »

I don't have any pic, but maybe can help with what wires goes to each device.
For the speedo: black wire for the instrument light, orange for the high beam indicator.
For the tach: black wire for the instrument light, white for the tach sender from coil. The + on the tach would come from a key on source. could be from the bus bar on the back of the fuel gauge. This would be a jumper wire.
You might have to find a service manual for that year to confirm. There isn't much in the on-line wiring diagrams.

ColtonBrown67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Re: Gauge wiring

Post by ColtonBrown67 »

pwadventurer wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:07 pm
I don't have any pic, but maybe can help with what wires goes to each device.
For the speedo: black wire for the instrument light, orange for the high beam indicator.
For the tach: black wire for the instrument light, white for the tach sender from coil. The + on the tach would come from a key on source. could be from the bus bar on the back of the fuel gauge. This would be a jumper wire.
You might have to find a service manual for that year to confirm. There isn't much in the on-line wiring diagrams.
Thank you very much it just confused me trying to figure it out they had orange and baby’s blue whire tied together where the previous owner before my uncle peaced it together