8 lug rims

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
Tony292
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kearney
State: NE

8 lug rims

Post by Tony292 »

Guys,

I have a 71 D200 383/727/Dana 60 that I’m going to hot rod. I have a 440 to build and what’s been bugging me is there Aren’t many options to run slicks on an 8 lug. What kind of street/strip tire and wheel combos are my fellow 8 lug guys running. I’m thinking of American racing AR172 Baja wheels and MH 30-14-16 cheater slicks.

If anyone has pics of street strip wheels/tires that fit a D200 please post them up.
Attachments
751617C7-C51F-4E68-AA3D-737B660CE5BE.jpeg

Bigmcfry
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: fort lauderdale
State: FL

Re: 8 lug rims

Post by Bigmcfry »

I wish somebody would have responded i would like to know myself i am contemplating putting my 470 stroker with trick flow heads in mine

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

I'm guessing you don't want plain steel since you posted a pix of an aluminum hot rod wheel. There are guys that drag diesels and pulling trucks that use 8 lug, so I'm sure they are out there. You just need to figure out your width and back spacing. Craig

Atmobil
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ler
State: Foreign

Post by Atmobil »

I just got hold of a couple of 8-lug rims for my W200
These are older wheels and maybe they are not in production anymore but you can probably get them cheap at a junkyard.
This one is a 16", I think these where called chrome spoke wheels or wagon wheels. It fits on my W200 so it should probably fit your D200 aswell:

This one I think comes from a 90s Chevy Suburban or somethink like that. I personally don't really like this style but that is just a personal opinion. I tried it on and it fits.

Then there is this 64 D200 that was on Ebay a couple of years ago:
https://youtu.be/3funv0A9cG0

But I think the best think is to do what I just did, a google image search for 8-lug rim:
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... t=5#imgrc=_
There is tons of different wheels out there. I hope this helps you.
Gaute Halsaunet

dodgeb1b
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by dodgeb1b »

they made the classic five slot aluminum rims in 8 lug for years, unfortunately all the ones that I have seen are 16.5s. I would second the comment about looking into the diesel racing world and seeing what they run, however they will most likely be a more modern look than what you may be looking for. If you don’t mind steel wheels, there’s a few companies that still make wheels in 16x8 that would look at home on a sweptline. Check out Summit racing.