1969 W200 Power Wagon

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
DodgeBeast
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Charlotte
State: NC

1969 W200 Power Wagon

Post by DodgeBeast »

I am putting my late Grandfather's truck back on the road after 18 years sitting dormant. It started life in California and made its way to Missouri in the early 70's where it stayed until the early 2000's when it was brought to North Carolina. The original engine blew around 1995 so Grandpa had a shade tree mechanic replace it. I ended up junking that block as the thrust bearing gave out and the crankshaft ruined the block. It is a 383 engine, 4 speed with a divorced transfer case, and the body has around 70,000 original miles on it. I have installed a new clutch assembly, master cylinder, wheel cylinders all around, and I had to replace all of the brake lines. The front flex hoses were not available from the parts store, so I had them custom made locally which was not too expensive. I had to have the radiator re-cored but I was able to save the top and bottom tanks from the original. Since this is a survivor for the most part and there is quite a bit of cancer in it, I am going to keep it mechanically sound and not worry about the body so much. When asked about fuel mileage, I tell people it consumes about 7 gallons an hour at highway speed. That puts it in perspective as far as cost per hour to drive it ($21 an hour average). The front bumper was fabricated by my Grandpa as he was a retired machinist and he wanted something durable. I have a link to a few photos and I will post more in the coming weeks. Enjoy!

http://s325.photobucket.com/user/DodgeB ... t=3&page=1

sledgehammer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: puyallup,wa

Re: 1969 W200 Power Wagon

Post by sledgehammer »

Looks pretty good to me, have fun with it

DodgeBeast
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DodgeBeast »

Here is a picture of my heater box with a new valve. The original was seized and leaking so I sourced one and made it work.

http://s325.photobucket.com/user/DodgeB ... sort=3&o=0

hmaynord
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: fairhope
State: AL

Post by hmaynord »

Ben (CSS-Registry) did something similar:
CSS-Registry wrote:
Wed May 26, 2010 4:37 pm
i solved this by using a generic valve from BPE - http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEheaterValve.asp

i bought the "BPE3115" and had to re-route the entry point of the control cable.

here's what i did: scroll down to "2009-03 - – Hood, Lights, AC and heater":

http://cssregistry.com/css/64d100Resto/index.html

Ben
harris
late 65 (titled as 66) D100 SWB 225-1, 3 speed, 3.91
driving it since 12/03/71

DodgeBeast
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DodgeBeast »

I am in the process of installing the heater box over the next couple of days. My goal is to route the cable in the stock configuration.

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

Cool truck and by the way, if you are still in North Carolina, stay safe, there's a bit of a windy rain maker headed your way.
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

DodgeBeast
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DodgeBeast »

I am in the Charlotte area. It is going to be a long couple of days as the storm is moving very slow. I am securing items outside so they don't blow around. I have a generator if the power goes out. Should be fine by Monday.