71 D-100 Daily Driver 318 4speed.

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
statikinthestixx
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Glenville
State: MN

71 D-100 Daily Driver 318 4speed.

Post by statikinthestixx »

Hey Everyone! My name is Dillon "Statik" Lee, I'm 17 years old, and I just bought my first vehicle, its a 71 D-100 Short bed with a 318 and a 4 speed, granny first. I've been looking for a vehicle for a while and was almost going to just settle for some mid 90s rice rocket to get back and forth to work, but I knew I wouldn't be happy. I was raised around old cars, and my dad was always a Mopar guy but I love just about anything with four wheels and an engine.
I knew I needed a vehicle I could respect and that basically translates to anything old. My issue was that I kept finding things like darts and novas and such, and I knew not only would I get a few speeding tickets in something like that, but I'd end up wanting to do more to them than its really worth for a daily driver. I also kept looking into 4wd things such as Jeep WJs and mid 70s power wagons, but living in Colorado, not only would I need emissions on anything post 75 (which is hard to achieve on carb'd stuff) but I knew I'd want to build a hardcore crawler where at times they end up being apart for weeks at a time.
My decision to get the truck that I got came sort of spur of the moment, I was craigslist surfing one day and came across the add for this super clean 71 Shorty. I immediately fell in love. I knew I could have a little fun with her without being entirely impractical. A little over 93k original miles, and lots of fresh work done to her, along with a great price, and a beautiful patina to tell a tale, I couldn't let this one slip away.
I have yet to name her, I kind of want to get a few more miles on her so I can get a good reading on her to make sure the name is right.
Anyways, thanks for anyone who reads this far. I cant wait to get this thing on the road, and I'll keep the whole build on this thread.

The previous owner put the headliner in, which is made of red oak I believe.
The first thing I did when I got it home was take off the factory overload springs and the trailer hitch, as I will not be towing anything, and shell be sitting much lower before long. I also took the brackets off for the west coast mirrors, because I didn't think mirrors that big would look very good on such a short truck. I'll have more pics as soon as I get work done to her and I'll update the thread likewise.
Attachments
IMG-6751.JPG
IMG-6754.JPG
IMG-6755.JPG
IMG-6753.JPG
IMG-6752.jpg

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 71 D-100 Daily Driver 318 4speed.

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome Dillon :welcome :usa
The previous owner of your truck did come to this
site to offer it up for sale. Glad to see it made a
safe landing. :Thumbsup There are lots of folks
here to help you out with whatever you need.
John

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

that is really nice. welcome. that one will last forever with good maintenance. :salut

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

:welcome. Very nice looking truck. It sounds like your truck found someone who will take good care of her!!! Have fun with your classic, that's what it's all about. :Thumbsup
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom