Hotfoot's 71 D-100

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
Hotfoot
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Hotfoot's 71 D-100

Post by Hotfoot »

This is an old picture. Need to dig the truck out of my friends garage and get a better picture. Now has chrome truck wheels and bigger tires that we bought a few years ago. Needs a wiring harness to get back on the road.

318 2 bbl, automatic, longbed. May have been a camper special? (or just equipped with a camper) with the twin tanks and add on AC plus the bed is in great shape. Typical rust on door bottoms

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Post by HellBelly »

Hey Hot foot,

Welcome to the Site!!

Great looking truck!! I noticed the Trim around the front fender wells. Is that stock trim! Looks sharp!! :Thumbsup
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

Hotfoot
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Trim

Post by Hotfoot »

Thats the way we got it. Looks to be factory trim. There isn't any on the doors or bed but looks like it may have been there at one time or another. Truck has been in storage last 3 years. We are going to dig it out of the garage and see what we can do with it this summer. Will be taking and posting some digital pics in June. (I hope)

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

:welcome good to see new members. hope to see numerous posts asking for help. gives us guys something to do :Thumbsup good looking truck, is it an adventurer? they are the ones that usually had the lower trim like you have. dave aka. cowboy, has a set of the trim if you need it. look forward to the new pics. and damn glad to here another swept is being pulled out of storage :dance
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

Hotfoot
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Hotfoot »

We rescued it from a hustler/used car dealer in East Atlanta about 3 years ago. Was looking for a 50's or 60's truck to play with. This truck is fairly solid with a good bed. May have had a camper at sometime. Has twin sadle gas tanks, Add on AC and I think the heavy duty rear springs. I am not sure if it is an adventurer or not. The front wheel trim looks original but there is no special badging. (Any thing special I should look for to ID it as an Adventurer?)

My friends divorce and the birth of my daughter put this truck and the other cars on my website on hold for a while. We were able to stuff it in his garage because his neighbors complained about the abandoned truck in the driveway. We plan on digging it out soon and trying to get it going again.

The wiring harness is messed up and we have to sort that out to get it running and charging again. We already put a rebuilt 2 barrel on it and had to replace the rear 3:90?? gears with 3:42 ?? gears from an old Dodge full size car. (Only thing available when the rearend broke). Bought some steel wheels and larger tires along with a spare 318 for it before we ran out of $$$$.

Hopefully we will be able to get it on the road again this summer.

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Good to see you back

Post by Russ »

Glad to see you're getting back into the truck. Mine still looks pretty much the same but now has power steering and soon will have power brakes. I would have emailed you along but couldn't get it to work after you changed your email address. Drop me an email or give me a call sometime, 770-985-0109, and fill me in on the truck progress.
Russ Ashley (sold you the engine and wheels)
1969 Adventurer W100

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Russ

Post by HellBelly »

Hey Russ is here!! :dance

Welcome to the forum!! I'm glad you stopped by. Let me know if you need help with anything.

I just posted your Profile submission! That SWB 4X4 is Sweet!!

:welcome
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

Hotfoot
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Hotfoot »

Hi Russ,

We have relocated to East Cobb. I now have a garage but its so full of junk I can't get a car or truck in there. Steve is thinking about pulling the D-100 out of his garage and getting back to work on it. He went through a couple of rough years because of his divorce and laziness in maintaing a job. Back on track now so maybe we can get back to work on the truck. Some nice trucks on the new site. Will be posting updated pics soon.

Hotmail keeps rejecting the email I have for you.

mine is erikathy@hotmail.com

Erik