Time to dig 'em out

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
Sprinter
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Nampa
State: ID

Time to dig 'em out

Post by Sprinter »

Going a little bit crazy sitting around watching it snow. Lived here all my life and have never seen this much snow on the ground here on the valley floor. Seven inches is a lot for here. Now I need to dig out the truck and trailer since racing starts next weekend. I figure it will take most of the week to dig it all out, especially since it is supposed to rain and/or snow for the next 3 days. I need the exercise anyway. I'm glad that the grand kids race on an indoor track this time of year.
Attachments
IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1442.JPG

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Re: Time to dig 'em out

Post by slick »

I'm out! almost 70 here today :Thumbsup
1963 Crewcab
1965 Crewcab
1968 D-100 Longbed
1948 Dodge Panel Truck
1964 Dodge Polara
1957 Shasta

Sprinter
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Sprinter »

Rub it in! :lol: It turned to rain late this afternoon and now there is about an inch of ice on the roads and its raining. They are begging people to stay off the roads. I,m so glad I don't drive a tow truck anymore!

Sprinter
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Sprinter »

The tongue of the trailer sticking out, the Corvette is just to the left of the trailer.
The tongue of the trailer sticking out, the Corvette is just to the left of the trailer.
The Harley is under the blue tarp.
The Harley is under the blue tarp.
Thankfully we did not race this weekend. Too much snow around. Most of the side streets are still buried in snow and frozen slush. Plus buildings and carports are collapsing all over the area. A mobile home around the corner from me collapsed, walls and all. Luckily it was vacant as the people moved out a month ago. My step dad's shop roof collapsed destroying his Corvette (former show car) his custom built 3-wheel Harley and matching trailer along with his BMW golf cart and some 4 wheelers. At least his T-Bucket was not in there. At the lower end of the valley a school gym and a bowling alley have collapsed. It's just crazy.

Sprinter
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Sprinter »

Finally get to go racing! Not sure this is the best weather, but the grandkids are anxious to go. Only took me two hours to get the trailer out once I got the truck hooked up. The wheel chocks were frozen in about three inches of ice and naturally the trailer had sunk about that far into the ground before it froze. the truck wouldn't get enough traction to move it so I had my step brother come over with his 4X4 to pull me out. Embarrassing to have a Chevrolet hooked to Dodge. He got me out then I parked on some boards so nothing would sink again. Had a good time at the track even as muddy and icy as it was. And I didn't even fall on the ice! :dance
Attachments
Hooked up ready to go, I think. Then I got stuck.
Hooked up ready to go, I think. Then I got stuck.
About a 200 yard push through slush, mud and ice to the building. I don't know the genius who thought racing in winter was a good idea, but I would sure like to talk to him/her.
About a 200 yard push through slush, mud and ice to the building. I don't know the genius who thought racing in winter was a good idea, but I would sure like to talk to him/her.
Gotta clean between races.
Gotta clean between races.
Big brother actually helps.
Big brother actually helps.