66 D200 flatbed working rig

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
oldfrogdiving
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: melbourne
State: FL

66 D200 flatbed working rig

Post by oldfrogdiving »

This is a picture of my 66 D200 uti, I have had it for about a year now. Today was the first problem in over 4 months of daily driving, the slave cylinder is starting to give me some issues so I was checking it out and tightened my oil pan bolts. This truck is driven almost every day and its a joy to drive, I know its ugly but it has earned every ding and scar. Dead on reliable but it aint cheap to drive I had to put a 30 gal diesel tank in the flatbed. It just turned 41000 miles today.
Attachments
66D200.JPG
66 D200 225 uti (ex mil, gone but not forgotten)
71 W200 318 4spd limited slip 67k
89 F250 7.3 idi 61k
87 Dodge Raider 91k
96 F350 4x4 PSD 109K

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: 66 D200 flatbed working rig

Post by wally426ci »

Cool! I had a slave lined with stainless. Let us know if you have any questions.

oldfrogdiving
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by oldfrogdiving »

Wally, thanks for the response, Clutch question follows:
When I first got the truck there was a spring (not OEM) on the clutch pedal assy, I took it off and for months noticed no problems other then a squeak when pushing in the clutch pedal at the mounting pivot point under dash. After some pinpoint lubing went away, now the clutch pedal does not (sometimes) return to top or does so with a flat response, I'm not losing any fluid from master or slave cylinders. The clutch engages or disengages as it should although it doesnt seem to engage till its near the floor, and occasionally the pedal not always self returning with out spring assistance I hooked the spring back up yesterday (to get the 27 miles back home) and haven't really driven it since. I have a new MC and slave just been super busy with hurricane vessel repair/recovery and clean up and I haven't had time to properly fix the problem. My question is. Was there a factory return spring on the clutch pedal? the one that was on is a screen door spring definitely not OEM.

I am thinking I can adjust the threaded bolt on the Slave.

I did pull the NP tranny and inspected clutch plate and throw out bearing all looked good, I'm thinking its original plate TO bearing and MC/slave. probably due for replacement since it been 50 years Man I love this old truck!

I'm hoping to pull the clutch M/C and slave this weekend but I don't want the truck to be NMC I had a hella time replacing the brake MC as I'm to crippled up to fit under the dash haha.

If I could just fix the wiper issues the truck would be perfect ugly but perfect.

My ultimate goal is to paint "dog" back to original OD grean as seen in cab and on fenders.
89 F250 7.3 idi 61k
87 Dodge Raider 91k
96 F350 4x4 PSD 109K

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

clutch mc job a little easier than brake,. there is a return spring in there. hard to see. also do you have the return spring connected down at the slave?

oldfrogdiving
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by oldfrogdiving »

Hey, Yep there is a rtrn spring on the slave I have been using her hard since this post with zero problems after hooking up the return spring on the clutch pedal all seems fine now, which is good cause I'm super busy. I love this old truck!
89 F250 7.3 idi 61k
87 Dodge Raider 91k
96 F350 4x4 PSD 109K