med. green crew cab photos

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: falcon
State: CO

med. green crew cab photos

Post by gww »

any of you folks with a med green crew cab? would like to see photos.. solid and two tone.. trying to decide for paint.. would like to go back to original color. maybe white top. maybe flat in color. dont know.. thanks for taking the time. gary
777s on all that have and all that do protect our freedoms.

skyrodder666
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Angelo/Manvel Tx.

Re: med. green crew cab photos

Post by skyrodder666 »

1920's Dodge Bros. Touring Car Project (Destined to have a turbo 225 /6)
1920's Dodge Bros. Half a Touring Car Project

skyrodder666
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Angelo/Manvel Tx.

Post by skyrodder666 »

Those are some interesting artillery style wheels. They look good on the truck. Where'd you find them?
1920's Dodge Bros. Touring Car Project (Destined to have a turbo 225 /6)
1920's Dodge Bros. Half a Touring Car Project

gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by gww »

morn n an thank you for the photos, they where on a 98/99 2500 plain jane v10 wrecked dodge donor i used part of the frame from.
if anyone would care to see a few build photos on photobucket.
http://s344.photobucket.com/user/Dezel_ ... 00%20build

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Post by slick »

Gary how is the truck doing? I've been watching the insurance auctions pretty hard down here. My new interest is putting a commonrail Cummins in my crewcab. I still want to copy your 2nd gen frame though. Seems to be alot of 24 valves for sale around here lately. How is yours doing as far as power and mpgs? Truck looks great :Thumbsup
1963 Crewcab
1965 Crewcab
1968 D-100 Longbed
1948 Dodge Panel Truck
1964 Dodge Polara
1957 Shasta

gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by gww »

evening, ok i got ta ask for a name, cause calling you slick makes me think we ve never talked before and its your shot, now your not gonna run the table are ya slick ?..
the 71 is kinda in disarray at the moment, 3/4 weeks ago in a white out i had a mishap but on the mend now. so while doing repairs i think shes gonna see some paint.
if the wiring tsunami that comes with the common rail doesn't scare you off it would be a great build. a bit quieter, more power, and lots of available enhancements.
i,m liking the ride, having suspention under this old girl makes all the diff. in the world. the mpg is 18-20 and 30 gal tank which beats the h out of the 4 to 6 an seat tank the 440 got, pretty neat to pass a station without having to fuel up. power is good, haven't tweaked anything yet. the water to air cooler i plumed into the engine coolant so not sure under hard/hot pulls the charge air will be cool enough. may need to add a remote rad. fan and pump under the bed. so are you throwing sparks yet with the how low can you go truck? ya know a couple of replaceable spring steel dragers would light up the rear view. hope you and yours are good. gary

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by slick »

Funny, it's Andrew. The 68 is going slow. Haven't much free time lately. I did build some bed mounts that I need to update on my build thread. I was intimidated by the wiring on the Commonrail as well, but after some research it seems actually easy. Probably easier that what you have done or myself with the Magnum engine. It's a little pricey, but Painless makes a plug and play harness. http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcat/60250 . I want to duplicate what you have done with the 94-02 frame swap.
You could always go desert turquoise!!!
1963 Crewcab
1965 Crewcab
1968 D-100 Longbed
1948 Dodge Panel Truck
1964 Dodge Polara
1957 Shasta

crusty
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Yelm
State: WA

Post by crusty »

Here's mine before I sold it. White top with green bottom.
Attachments
IMG_2442 - Copy.JPG
What a mess.

gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by gww »

now thats some ground clearance, thanks for the photo. kinda leaning toward the two tone. Andrew out of all the old dodge colors the desert turquoise is my favorite. i really tip my hat to folks with the patience and abilities for paint and body work. as i fumble along with the help of my brother, guess the reason for going with the original green is not having to do the interior also. wish i had know about the painless outfit. a while back while buying cores i could have had a 6.7 fairly complete an may have gone that way. another trade i would have liked to been more capable at, todays computers and electrics in some cases do benefit the industry but for the most part have confused/complicated the workings some good some bad. probably said by the steam builders of yesterday. looked threw your build again, hoping life lets you finish her up soon to enjoy. i like it..

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by slick »

Heres my turquoise one and a 2 tone one..

1963 Crewcab
1965 Crewcab
1968 D-100 Longbed
1948 Dodge Panel Truck
1964 Dodge Polara
1957 Shasta

gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by gww »

great look n trucks. great photo also. and captured someones yesterdays dream home an big plans.