New Shoes for the Dude

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
rmansberger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Lansing
State: MI

New Shoes for the Dude

Post by rmansberger »

Returned from trip to Alaska and had a present, new Mickey Thompson Classic III's with BF Goodrich Radial TA's.

I ordered them online from 4Wheel Drive Hardware. First time I have ordered tires online. They mounted, balanced, included lugs and center caps all for $920.00.
They did have an order glitch the first time around but they worked it out and all is well.

I think "The Dude" looks very sharp now

I also was able to finally get the new carpet down, put the reupholstered seat in with 3 new sets for seatbelts and I am get closer to getting all the little items finished so we can be in our Haslett High School Homecoming Parade.

Thanks for all input on tire and wheel size and suggestions for style with shared pictures. Everything is coming together for our truck and I have been taking small trips to town and getting lots of great comments.

I am glad we did "The Dude" salvation project, it was hard but the results are rewarding.

Rick Mansberger
1970 D100 "The Dude"
Attachments
Finally no more milk crate
Finally no more milk crate
Before
Before
After - New Look with M/Ts
After - New Look with M/Ts
Rick Mansberger
1967 Mustang "Duke"
1970 Dodge D100 "The Dude"
1978 GMC Suburban "Big Cub"
2006 C300
2014 RAM Limited "Master Sergeant"

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Re: New Shoes for the Dude

Post by pismopowerwagon »

Nice work Rick

Sweet truck

Oshork67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Haven
State: CT

Post by Oshork67 »

What a good looking truck! Nice job

Worden18
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Altura
State: MN

Post by Worden18 »

Sweet! Love it :clap
Have fun today, you might not be here tomorrow

rispony
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: New York City
State: NY

Post by rispony »

That's exactly the color I want to paint mine!! What's the color please?? Dodge light green? It's definitely not desert turquoise.
1964 W200 Crewcab Longbed
1965 D200 Crewcab Shortbed
1981 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler
1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler
1985 Land Rover Defender 110

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

You didn't happen to get that truck from a guy in California, who also has/had a '64 Polara hardtop, did you???
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

rmansberger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Lansing
State: MI

Post by rmansberger »

Hi, the truck was originally from Colorado Springs. Landscape owner bought fleet vehicles plus 10 so he got to choose his color of choice. I have the number and I will dig it out. That is why it is unique and a bit different. I purchased the truck in Clare, MI from the second owner that bought it off the internet from the original owner. He used it to haul his Jeep Projects around for event to event. It has a replacement 360 that was put in in 1994 and with the creeper gear, it has lots of torque for pulling but it is not fun at over 55 mph. There is a product called Gear vendors that allows you to install a secondary high/lo behind your current tranny that will give you manual or automatic 4 additional gears which will include overdrive. I am going to look into that. It was on Hot Rod TV.

We are working the final kinks out so we will be able to go to some shows next season. Every time I drive it, there are offers to buy it on the wiper blade. I love my Dodge Trucks, especially the Dude. You can buy any Chevy or Ford out off the internet, parts are easy and picking up the phone. The best part about this project was the hunt for parts. I found parts on 4 different continents, I miss that part the most.

The shop that I would with allows me to do all the work I want along side them or I take the lead. It is the "Cheers" of the tri-county area and all the car guys drop into Don Marrah Auto Custom and Design to share a story and sometimes a beverage to pass the time with stories and to give advice on direction. I am currently also doing a Pro Touring 1967 Mustang build there so we had 2 vehicles at once in the mix and sometimes my pay grade goes up and I get to paint, weld, fab, and contribute. It is very satisfying to look at the truck and know that I had my hand in all aspects of the project. It has come a long way from my daughters whim for a first vehicle to something that she is only allowed to drive while I am riding shotgun and looking for the brake pedal on the passenger side which unfortunately isn't there.

Take care. Rick out
Rick Mansberger
1967 Mustang "Duke"
1970 Dodge D100 "The Dude"
1978 GMC Suburban "Big Cub"
2006 C300
2014 RAM Limited "Master Sergeant"