A couple of Swepties at the Mopar show

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

A couple of Swepties at the Mopar show

Post by 66patrick »

Here are a couple of Swepties at the COMA Mopars on the River show in OKC. Enjoy!
Attachments
Swepty Crew01.jpg
Swepty 01.jpg
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Re: A couple of Swepties at the Mopar show

Post by slick »

That crewcab looks clean..
1963 Crewcab
1965 Crewcab
1968 D-100 Longbed
1948 Dodge Panel Truck
1964 Dodge Polara
1957 Shasta

Noelie84
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wales
State: ME

Post by Noelie84 »

How common are these white roofs? I see a lot of them, but mine's got a matching body and roof. :thinking
When I repaint it in a couple of years (after I've slowly addressed the rust issues and body dimples on mine) I want something moderately period-correct (although I'm probably going with a non-factory forest green/deep green metallic for a paint color)
1969 D100 w/an A833 & a 318
1984 W150 w/a 7.5 Fisher Speedcast, an NP435 & a slant six (because slow but unstoppable!)

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Noelie84 wrote:How common are these white roofs? I see a lot of them, but mine's got a matching body and roof. :thinking
When I repaint it in a couple of years (after I've slowly addressed the rust issues and body dimples on mine) I want something moderately period-correct (although I'm probably going with a non-factory forest green/deep green metallic for a paint color)
The White and Black roofs were optional. On the later trucks they were textured and were to simulate vinyl.

That crew cab looks familiar. Perhaps it was for sale on ebay/craigslist a while back.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

The guy lives here in OKC, and bought the truck out of Seattle a couple of months ago. It's a very, very nice truck with just minor things about the bed to tend to, and a beat-to-hell tailgate. He was pulling a '66 300 hardtop on a trailer. Nice set-up.

He also has a very nice red/black '66 Coronet 500 with a 383 and four-speed.

Noelie84
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Noelie84 »

soopernaut wrote:
Noelie84 wrote:How common are these white roofs? I see a lot of them, but mine's got a matching body and roof. :thinking
The White and Black roofs were optional. On the later trucks they were textured and were to simulate vinyl.

That crew cab looks familiar. Perhaps it was for sale on ebay/craigslist a while back.
Which look is the correct one for the offset roof? Body-color door pillars, or painted to match the roof? I've seen both (actually, I see both right at that show, haha!)
Or did they come from the factory both ways?
1984 W150 w/a 7.5 Fisher Speedcast, an NP435 & a slant six (because slow but unstoppable!)

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

Both of my factory trucks have the roofs painted in textured white, and all else is blue, in the scheme like the Crew Cab shown. His Crew is painted normally, without textured paint. I do like the added white of the regular cab truck, but it is the only one I can recall ever seeing like that.

Noelie84
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Noelie84 »

Cool. Thanks!

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

My 1968 is blue with the white textured roof and the window frames are body colored. I've never seen one with white window frames.
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom