power wagon

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pendleton
State: OR

power wagon

Post by irontwist »

Thought I would try my luck at a picture post of my 66 w-200, original 318 four speed, 3000# front axle. Need's tire's and rear park brake cables. Found a outfit back east that makes them, but I do not have the length from the equalizer to the backing plate on the left side? I removed the beat up one from the right that I will send them to make the replacements. If anyone knows the over length or a measurement from the end of the bead at the equalizer to were it enters the backing that would be great. I do not Know if they are the same length as the D- series? Keep truck'n.

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brocklehurst
State: Foreign

Re: power wagon

Post by ebodyboy »

Hello. 'Newbie' here. I have been trying to create my own (first) topic thread - to no avail (as I am repeatedly prompted to Log In and each time my 'creation' is lost. (Poof!)
So, I figure I will try another approach. I will reply to someone else's post. I just so happen to have a 1968 W-100 with beefy suspension and am also on the look-out for rear brake cables. I DO have the left side and, as it sits, with the body likely at maximum lift (25 inches static shock length - loop to loop), the cable is 'maxed-out' at the OEM 29-inches. This is the 'visible' part of the cable, from frame bracket (hole) to the hole in the backing plate. Mine could easily be another one or two inches longer but it is likely fine (at 29 inches) as the body will come down - once the bumper, tailgate and other lighter items are re-attached.
I could sure use the length (value) of your (OEM) RIGHT brake cable since I need to find that one. I expect these cables are inter-changeable well into the 'seventies' or beyond - as the attachment (ends) are primarily the same.
Good luck.

irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pendleton
State: OR

Post by irontwist »

Howdy well I measured the right one that I will be sending back to New York for a model to duplicate the parts configuration, the length will be different for the left one. It is 80" approx. from end to end with about 8" of that from the inside of the backing plate to the actuator attachment end. Since yours is w-100 I've herd that the distance from the inside of the backing plate to the actuator attachment might be shorter? Smaller drums I'm guessing. Do not know about the differences in overall length between the W-100 & W-200.

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brocklehurst
State: Foreign

Post by ebodyboy »

Well, I need the (80-inch) long RIGHT cable - PLUS the main (front) cable and having trouble - even from Napa. As far as my information, the W-100 AND W-200 all have same (12-inch) drums - so cables should be same length. Please keep us updated. :salut

AS OF JUNE 4, I still could use (decent) 71-inch right side cable. I will NOT pay $50.(U.S.) and then mega-shipping and other cross-border fees. Hopefully someone in Canada (ideal in BC or AB) will have such a part. Please message me. :dance