1965 crew cab dully hpp

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Re: 1965 crew cab dully hpp

Post by CSS-Registry »

Jim100 wrote:Neat truck and that camper is unbelievable!
I looked through the thread but couldnt learn what that little engine does? And is it notched into the side of the engine well?
jim
i think it is an electric generator
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: AVAPPLE VALLEY
State: CA

Post by avroadwarrior »

CSS-Registry wrote:
Jim100 wrote:Neat truck and that camper is unbelievable!
I looked through the thread but couldnt learn what that little engine does? And is it notched into the side of the engine well?
jim
i think it is an electric generator

It is a generator.
Here is a pic. of the rocker switch to shout down the gen. from inside the cab. Also find it interesting the fender insert looks to have been under coated at the same time as the cab.The hood is also insulated.I wounder if the original owner had it done at his shop(Crown coach) or ? Brian
Attachments
IMAG1231.jpg
IMAG1232.jpg
IMAG0941.jpg
IMAG1121.jpg
IMAG1120.jpg
Last edited by avroadwarrior on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brian

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Boerne
State: TX

Post by Perkins64 »

my PW300CC has the underside of hood insulated as well, hard to describe what the material is made of....factory I believe.

All of the W300CC I have owned or seen with a stretched frame used rivets and was doubled up, way easier for the factory (or anybody) to stretch the straight chassis of the 300 and medium trucks.

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview

Post by mopardwh »

Sweet truck!! So is it a 426 or a 413?
Doug

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

Perkins64 wrote:my PW300CC has the underside of hood insulated as well, hard to describe what the material is made of....factory I believe.

All of the W300CC I have owned or seen with a stretched frame used rivets and was doubled up, way easier for the factory (or anybody) to stretch the straight chassis of the 300 and medium trucks.
Do you have any pictures posted of the under hood insulation I be interested to what it looks like. Brian
Brian

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

mopardwh wrote:Sweet truck!! So is it a 426 or a 413?
Yep 426CI from what I have seen only the very early hpp had the413ci.Thanks Brian
Brian

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Perkins64 »

I don't have any pics of the under hood insulation, but I will take some if it helps. It has held up surprisingly well, I used some spray adhesive many years ago to keep it in place where it needed help.

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

Perkins64 wrote:I don't have any pics of the under hood insulation, but I will take some if it helps. It has held up surprisingly well, I used some spray adhesive many years ago to keep it in place where it needed help.
Yes if you could that would be great. Anyone else that has or has seen under hood insulation and or a genorator I would like to see some pictures Thanks Brian
Attachments
IMAG1236.jpg
Brian

BruceP
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Asotin
State: WA

Post by BruceP »

Wow, great truck, super cool.

Bruce
"The next test will verify your ability to stay afloat at high speeds"

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

BruceP wrote:Wow, great truck, super cool.

Bruce
Thanks man. I like the truck you have pictured to short bed 4x4s are cool. Is that yours . Brian:usa
Brian

BruceP
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Asotin
State: WA

Post by BruceP »

Thanks, yes that is my '66 W100 when it was new. Dad traded it off in '73 on a new W200. I tracked down the owner and was able to buy it back last year. It's not that pretty anymore, but the /6 is easy on gas for puttering around the farm.

Bruce
"The next test will verify your ability to stay afloat at high speeds"

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

BruceP wrote:Thanks, yes that is my '66 W100 when it was new. Dad traded it off in '73 on a new W200. I tracked down the owner and was able to buy it back last year. It's not that pretty anymore, but the /6 is easy on gas for puttering around the farm.

Bruce
That is so cool. Brian :Thumbsup
Brian

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

Took a couple pic's seen post on windows. Here is my windshield and rear window. also 8track/ speakers.Brian
Attachments
IMAG1265.jpg
IMAG1264.jpg
IMAG1259.jpg
IMAG1275.jpg
Brian

Jake66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Phoenix
State: AZ

Post by Jake66 »

each picture you post makes me like it that much more. just the level of cleanliness and how everything looks like its where it is supposed to be. very very cool truck! :salut
1966 Dodge D100 Custom SC SWB
Bermuda Turquoise
And
White

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Perkins64 »

cool to see both the Forward Look and Pentastar insignias used at the same time on the glass.

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

Thanks guys its a joy to share this truck.I still have a lot to post on this truck its been a little busy as of late. Here is the P.O. for servas bed 4/27/65 "(one)98"Camper body Model#5 for 154"W.B. 3/4 ton 1965 Dodge D-200 chassis Crew Cab with 48" cab to rear axle dimension.
Accessories 1. 18" tail gate 2.tail lites installed 3.Rear bumper (with recessed ball)#2A (bolt bumper to frame)4.Fenders for dual rear wheels 5. Paint Dodge Sunset yellow.There is also a retractable and extendable bumper for the camper. A Hayden Trans cooler was put on i assume by Mr Brockway. I will post pic's as i am able Thanks Brian
Attachments
IMAG1311.jpg
IMAG1310.jpg
brians phone 783.jpg
IMAG0975.jpg
IMAG0976.jpg
Brian

dougdodgeman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: belleville,il.

Post by dougdodgeman »

I might have missed it, but when / who swapped the front axle? Is it a Spicer 60 now? Doug

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

dougdodgeman wrote:I might have missed it, but when / who swapped the front axle? Is it a Spicer 60 now? Doug
I swapped in a D60/D70 when i was using this truck for dune trips. Never finished planing to put it back to stock or find a 8 lug set up to work with dauly wheels.Brian
Brian

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

avroadwarrior wrote:I think you are right. I have the sheets my truck was ordered from. It only shows front 6-16x5.50 rear7.00/16-6pr for D-200 dully with HPP. I have been looking for other trucks like mine i have only found one other D-200 65 with 6-16 wheels it was all so a dully. My truck has had one repaint its likely its sert sticker was lost at that time.I am working with the past owners for pic's of the truck threw out its life. Lucky for me all the documentation has stayed with the truck.It's bed was custom made at servis body in LA Cal.still has the guys business card and measurements for this truck in the book.I really enjoy this truck. Looking forward answering as much as i can. Brian
Hi Brian,

This is the first time I saw this thread. I really like your truck,but I have to ask. Why does the horsepower rating on the data plate match a 318 ? Am I missing something ? :thinking

Doug

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

digdoug wrote:
avroadwarrior wrote:I think you are right. I have the sheets my truck was ordered from. It only shows front 6-16x5.50 rear7.00/16-6pr for D-200 dully with HPP. I have been looking for other trucks like mine i have only found one other D-200 65 with 6-16 wheels it was all so a dully. My truck has had one repaint its likely its sert sticker was lost at that time.I am working with the past owners for pic's of the truck threw out its life. Lucky for me all the documentation has stayed with the truck.It's bed was custom made at servis body in LA Cal.still has the guys business card and measurements for this truck in the book.I really enjoy this truck. Looking forward answering as much as i can. Brian
Hi Brian,

This is the first time I saw this thread. I really like your truck,but I have to ask. Why does the horsepower rating on the data plate match a 318 ? Am I missing something ? :thinking

Doug
good eye Doug - there are now three HPP trucks that have 318 HP ratings and one that stamped 365 @ 3900. all others are stamped "SPECIAL".

i recognize the ones stamped with 318HP ratings simply because the mountain of parts to put a wedge into a truck is compelling proof that these trucks are in fact real.

most people would see that these truck have the proper parts such as engine, trans, and traction bars but there are also much more subtle things to look for such as heat shields, brackets and other small bits that only someone intimately familiar with a wedge truck would know.

brian's truck is very unmolested and shows many of the parts that a wedge truck should have.

keep in mind that many parts were source all across the various brands - engine is a Dodge car, engine mounts are Chrysler, traction bars are Imperial, etc. to assemble all these parts would be a monumental task.

Ben
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y