1965 crew cab dully hpp

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: 1965 crew cab dully hpp

Post by soopernaut »

avroadwarrior wrote:These are current pic's.I was wondering if anyone knows about the firewall Tag? Thanks Brian
The firewall tag was on trucks that were special ordered. It should match the number at the top of the build sheet.
avroadwarrior wrote:dose anyone know if the dealership closed can you still access the history on this truck? Brian
Unfortunately, your pictures are too small and when blown up to 400% it is too blurry to read. I'm guessing you have these saved somewhere and are posting a thumbnail of the image rather than the full size image. I'm also guessing the full size image is too large to post here. In that case you could resize them using paint or use a photo hosting site and put the links to the pictures here.

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: AVAPPLE VALLEY
State: CA

Post by avroadwarrior »

Sorry i was disappointed has well you are correct. First time on a forum rarely ever post online. Looking forward posting more on the trucks story and continue working on the photos. The firewall Tag # 1858 No built sheet yet hoping to still find it and the custom tail gate made at servis bed.I am in contact with 2 of the 3 previous owners or family's. Very slow going. Wish i could have started this a decade ago but at that time i couldn't find much out there about these trucks. A few mouths ago i came upon Ben and his registry so i am back at it. Thank you all for all Brian :clap
Brian

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

facechicken wrote:I am a parts, service and warranty manager at a dodge/gm dealer, so I have access to a BUNCH or dodge and GM info. I can try to do some digging but records aren't usually shared between dealers on one central hub or anything....best bet would be to find the last known owner of the dealership or (if that person is dead) find someone from the family to try and track down the records that the dealership had or if they know what happened too them....my dealership has every sales record and invoice since it opened back in the early sixties....dodge's VIN system only goes back to the 80s on vins as far as I have seen so pretty sure I am not going to find anything

Thanks you never know what you can find.I will check out locally to see if i can find out anything. Thanks allot facechicken. Brian
Last edited by avroadwarrior on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

soopernaut wrote:
avroadwarrior wrote:These are current pic's.I was wondering if anyone knows about the firewall Tag? Thanks Brian
The firewall tag was on trucks that were special ordered. It should match the number at the top of the build sheet.
avroadwarrior wrote:dose anyone know if the dealership closed can you still access the history on this truck? Brian
Unfortunately, your pictures are too small and when blown up to 400% it is too blurry to read. I'm guessing you have these saved somewhere and are posting a thumbnail of the image rather than the full size image. I'm also guessing the full size image is too large to post here. In that case you could resize them using paint or use a photo hosting site and put the links to the pictures here.
So is there an easy way to post the full picture at the right size to forum? Brian
Brian

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

avroadwarrior wrote:So is there an easy way to post the full picture at the right size to forum? Brian
It may not be easy for a computer novice but here is what I do:

Open the full size photo off the camera with MS Paint. That is assuming you have a computer with MS paint.

Go to the toolbar at the top and select Resize. It may say stretch/skew on some versions of Paint.

Then resize by percentage. It will depend on what the original picture size is as to what you choose for a percentage. This site will allow a maximum of 256 KiB, what that really means in terms of picture size I don't know. I did a test and determined that a picture 900 x 650 pixels will work. Paint will tell you how many pixels it is at the bottom of the page. It will also tell you how many KiB it is after you save it. If you have a picture that is wider but not as tall or vice versa you can make it that way as long as you keep the size under 256KiB.

Then go to file, save as, JPEG or JPG and choose where you want to save it on your computer. I usually save it to the desktop but you could put it in photos. Make sure the photo is named.

Then you post it here using the new smaller photo that you saved.

Your other option would be to use a photo hosting site and put a link on this site.

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

Thank for the help soopernaut getting better.Brian
Attachments
truck 14.JPG
truck 6.JPG
Brian

luvdride
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: carrollton
State: GA

Post by luvdride »

Thats a beast of a truck I like it. Ride on!
Chain up life by the horns & pop the clutch

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Post by facechicken »

I couldn't find anything man....sorry. it was worth a shot though. Everyonce in awhile I can find some NOS parts and can look up parts supercedence but not really anything with VINs. I may try to put in a call to a few higher ups......at one point in time Ralph Gilles and a few other bigwigs used to call my mom "aunt Deb" (for those that don't know, my mother owns part of the chrysler dealer I work for....probably the only reason we got to keep chrysler during the whole bankruptcy thing is because she is a minority owner being a woman owner, they were going to close our GM section but we fought for it and got to keep it) so I do know some people higher up

Plus my cousin Ron works at the denver business center for chrysler so he has access to stuff I don't...I let him know about it so he may find something

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

facechicken wrote:I couldn't find anything man....sorry. it was worth a shot though. Everyonce in awhile I can find some NOS parts and can look up parts supercedence but not really anything with VINs. I may try to put in a call to a few higher ups......at one point in time Ralph Gilles and a few other bigwigs used to call my mom "aunt Deb" (for those that don't know, my mother owns part of the chrysler dealer I work for....probably the only reason we got to keep chrysler during the whole bankruptcy thing is because she is a minority owner being a woman owner, they were going to close our GM section but we fought for it and got to keep it) so I do know some people higher up

Plus my cousin Ron works at the denver business center for chrysler so he has access to stuff I don't...I let him know about it so he may find something
Thanks man appreciate all the effort. Let me know if you you need anything. It would be pretty cool to find out more on this truck. Been doing sum searching on company's involved in the building of this truck most have been consumed or are gone. Thanks again Brian
Attachments
truck 18.JPG
truck 19.JPG
truck 7.JPG
Last edited by avroadwarrior on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

So was the frame stretched? I noticed it has a 146" wb listed on the VIN plate and you said it was ordered as a 154" wb. We had another member here who had a 65 Power Wagon crew cab with a long bed and his frame was removed from the assembly line to be stretched. He said he thinks he knew of the company that did this. His name was Bob1, but he may have used a different name at one time and also was from Apple Valley, Ca. I just searched his posts and couldn't find the info but I know it is on this site somewhere.

There have been a few other trucks with the frames stretched as well.

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

soopernaut wrote:So was the frame stretched? I noticed it has a 146" wb listed on the VIN plate and you said it was ordered as a 154" wb. We had another member here who had a 65 Power Wagon crew cab with a long bed and his frame was removed from the assembly line to be stretched. He said he thinks he knew of the company that did this. His name was Bob1, but he may have used a different name at one time and also was from Apple Valley, Ca. I just searched his posts and couldn't find the info but I know it is on this site somewhere.

There have been a few other trucks with the frames stretched as well.
Yep all of the crew cab data plates i have seen list 146 wb mine calls out 154 wb on PO. It all so called for long arm-braced right and left but was x out. I can still read it they added 8" in front of rear axle. I assumed Dodge did the wb and bracing at there new plant? where was the new and old truck plant? There is a crew cab with a big camper 4wd on the web for sale. It's plate is 146wb but it was ordered to 156wb 8" rear and move front 2" forward from what i read. Bob if your still out there love to hear from you. Brian
Last edited by avroadwarrior on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I believe in 65 all the trucks were built in Warren, Michigan. The Fenton, Missouri truck plant opened in 66. According to some information, the frames were removed from the assembly line and stretched by an aftermarket company. In the later years Dodge built their own extended frames because long bed crew cabs became a factory option.

Bob probably isn't around anymore. The last time his truck was for sale it said that he passed away, but then it was relisted with a number to call Bob. :thinking

powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hubbard, OR
State: OR

Post by powerwagoncrazy »

http://inlandempire.ebayclassifieds.com ... d=22742349 Maybe Bob accepts collect calls from the grave :thinking
'66 Cummins W250 5 spd crew cab long bed
'67 W200 Cummins, never-ending project
'74 Ramcharger Cummins 5 speed
'02 24v quad cab 6 speed dually 4x4

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Boerne
State: TX

Post by Perkins64 »

I am not sure that the factory would have sent frames out to be stretched.....the trucks were likely already assembled in the stock configuration, 146" wb, and the stretch was done in house.

I had at least on LWB W200CC, but cannot remember the details of how it was stretched. It did have a SERT number and WB CONV noted.

The frame should be doubled up around the stretch, and not simply butted up at the joints.

Photos?

AAA

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

Perkins64 wrote:I am not sure that the factory would have sent frames out to be stretched.....the trucks were likely already assembled in the stock configuration, 146" wb, and the stretch was done in house.

I had at least on LWB W200CC, but cannot remember the details of how it was stretched. It did have a SERT number and WB CONV noted.

The frame should be doubled up around the stretch, and not simply butted up at the joints.

Photos?

AAA
From what i seen today they are not all done the same. I went over and looked at Bobs w200 crew-cab long bed today. It was stretched behind the cab and c channel in and outsides of the frame. Mine is but welded much closer to the rear diff. and C channel inside only Both bolted.Mine has a custom bed from servis bed i wounder if they did the stretch as well? I will get some pic's up. Pic's of Bob are posted on chit chat. Brian

i
Attachments
IMAG1187.jpg
IMAG1186.jpg
IMAG1155.jpg
IMAG1154.jpg
Last edited by avroadwarrior on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

You might email Chrysler Historical for more info on your truck. They have a lot more of the 1967 and earlier stuff than they do 1968 and later, as far as cars are concerned. Their truck info is quite limited, though. Can't hurt to simply email them and ask.

http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/company ... vices.aspx (scroll to the bottom for an email form!)

http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/company ... cords.aspx for the build card
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

Some pic's under the hood.Brian
Attachments
truck 16.JPG
truck 15.JPG
truck 17.JPG
Brian

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Boerne
State: TX

Post by Perkins64 »

pondering the frame stretch....use of bolts instead of rivets, and the weld leads me to believe stretched outside the factory....unless the bolts said DPCD on them...

no big deal either way, the truck is awesome and super rare...very unusual....one of a kind.

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by avroadwarrior »

I took a better pic of bolts.Pondering is good more knowledge may chime in.I read a post of bob's where he said his truck was stretched at Kafferbarger Welding Ohio? I did not see or look for that paper work.(hot maybe later) Bob's is riveted.There seems to have been alot of work done on my truck at servis bed. i will list all the things listed on the P.O. with pic's when i get a chance. Frame stretch was not listed. Thanks Brian
Attachments
IMAG1218.jpg
Brian

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Post by Jim100 »

Neat truck and that camper is unbelievable!
I looked through the thread but couldnt learn what that little engine does? And is it notched into the side of the engine well?
jim