pic request patina

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: falcon
State: CO

Re: pic request patina

Post by gww »

66 patina

and the fellas dog turd

do what makes you smile..
777s on all that have and all that do protect our freedoms.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

There IS a difference between patina (as in original paint in decent shape) and patina (looks like $h!t all over and needs a paint job in the worst way possible!)
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

dodged200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kokomo, IN

Post by dodged200 »

I bought my truck with knowledge that it came from the city of kokomo as a civil service truck used to haul things. It had a fifth wheel and a wooden bed. The truck was painted white with a blue top and had a number painted on the side of the cowl and had some type of emblem on the door(I'm trying to find out what that emblem looked like). So I'm going to paint the truck the same way with the emblems, then try to make it look faded. Thanks for all the pics and feel free to keep them coming. By the way, that Indian looks sweet.

SomethingCrazy68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Butler, PA

Post by SomethingCrazy68 »

Faux paint jobs are perfectly valid forms of expressing oneself via their ride. Anyone who has so much as a pinstripe or bumper sticker on their pickup should have the courtesy to respect this owner's desire to customize his vehicle. At least he's not plastering our site with pictures of cheaply painted Furds. :lol:
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read."-Groucho Marx
"I HAVE COME HERE TO CHEW BUBBLEGUM AND KICK @#%, ...AND I'M ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM!" -Roddy Piper in "They Live"
1968 D100-318 Auto
2005 Grand Caravan SXT
2003 Triumph Speedmaster

dodged200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kokomo, IN

Post by dodged200 »

I think I might surprise a few people when its finished. Like it or not, it will definitely get attention.

moparmorrell
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Missoula
State: MT

Post by moparmorrell »

Here's mine 45 years of patina at its finest
Attachments
IMG_20130522_092108.jpg
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

Jake66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Phoenix
State: AZ

Post by Jake66 »

moparmorrell wrote:Here's mine 45 years of patina at its finest
oh man, if you ever want to sell your crew cab let me know. i spotted it and had to grab a napkin to whip the drool off my desk. :Thumbsup
1966 Dodge D100 Custom SC SWB
Bermuda Turquoise
And
White

Jake66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Jake66 »

SomethingCrazy68 wrote:Faux paint jobs are perfectly valid forms of expressing oneself via their ride. Anyone who has so much as a pinstripe or bumper sticker on their pickup should have the courtesy to respect this owner's desire to customize his vehicle. At least he's not plastering our site with pictures of cheaply painted Furds. :lol:

:lol: you made my day, i certainly enjoy good rat rod paint job. krylon is an art.
Bermuda Turquoise
And
White

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Pic taken in 2005 or so, original paint from 1969. Bed rail boards were "new" (waterbed side frame and white house paint). L'il Red Express wheels, fairly new LT235/75R15 tires...Image

Pic taken the weekend it was purchased, Labor Day holiday 2004. Stepson heading off to a Boy Scout Jamboree, that is a US Army field cooler from the Vietnam war era in the bed. Truck came mismatched panel swapped, I did aim the bumper lights before he rolled out...Image

Pic taken in 2011, truck was bomb can painted in 2005, Rustoleum Dark Hunter Green...Image

And the one that had real, aged paint patina, that is being slowly sanded away and primed for its period lowrider transformation...Image
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

moparmorrell
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Missoula
State: MT

Post by moparmorrell »

Jake66 wrote:
oh man, if you ever want to sell your crew cab let me know. i spotted it and had to grab a napkin to whip the drool off my desk. :Thumbsup
Haha thanks man! But no plans of ever selling it
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

coelcanth
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brooklyn
State: NY

Post by coelcanth »

here's some patina or somethin on our work truck..
not sure when it was spray bombed black but must've been at least 10 years ago i'd guess

here's the motor after quite a bit of work and scrubbing too, .. but no paint or shine

Jake66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Jake66 »

moparmorrell wrote:
Jake66 wrote:
Haha thanks man! But no plans of ever selling it

no problem, i love how these trucks age. not so much like wine but like whiskey. Strong and Harsh! :Thumbsup
Bermuda Turquoise
And
White

Mopar1968
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Athens
State: AL

Post by Mopar1968 »

Here is mine as original as it gets.
Attachments
image.jpg

StinkFinger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: mission
State: Foreign

Post by StinkFinger »

hers mine had a shotty repaint in the 80's
Attachments
1522220_10152272199667060_2388326804128074875_n.jpg
1522220_10152272199667060_2388326804128074875_n.jpg (16.96 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
123.JPG

vroc4507
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sanborn
State: IA

Post by vroc4507 »

66 dodge5.jpg
I realize that this thread is several years old but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in anyway. This paint job is semi-pro at best, but you know what? I love it! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's all about what you like and what you're happy with. My last '66 hd stock paint and with a lot of buffing and elbow grease I had it shining pretty nicely although the paint was worn through in a few spots after buffing.

Do your own thing and whatever makes you happy! To hell with the rest!

BK

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

My faded tailgate.
Attachments
20171021_151905-800x600.jpg
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Torrance
State: CA

Post by SoleSurvivor »

Fargo2.jpg
Here is mine. Born blue, Alberta electric company painted it red, orange cab is a replacement due to a telephone pole falling on the original. Everyone says to matte clear coat it.
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

1977dually
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Regina

Post by 1977dually »

Hers my 66
20180320_180729-800x450.jpg

Atmobil
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ler

Post by Atmobil »

The "fauxtina" thing is a bit of my game as I do build modelcars and "weathering" as we call it is an art when it is done right.
Here is 66 W100 Power Wagon that is on Ebay right now, they claim it is original paint. Looks awsome in my eyes:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Dodge-Pow ... OM&vxp=mtr

And here is a 62 D300 that was on Ebay a short while ago:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-Dodge-Oth ... true&rt=nc

I'm keeping my eyes out for weathered sweptlines as I want to build some models (I got 4 different resin 1:25 kits at the moment). I have so far not built any Dodge trucks but here is some examples I have done eariler:
AMTs 49 Mercury done up as a daily driver ca 1962.
Rust was done with a dremel and the salt technic, dirt was done by dusting some grey paint over it.

This started out as AMTs 32 Ford and I modified it to be an all-terrain tractor with a scratchbuilt trailer. Dirt and dust was simulated with washes and pigments.

This is Monograms 80 Bronco that I started on this last christmas, not done yet but here I tried a new technic that is called Scenic Rust by a company named Deluxe Materials.
The product is 3 components. One has a powder (that I belivie is iron dust) that one mixes with a type of glue to a paste that is applied to the subject. After it dries one applies the third component (and I think that is saltwater or similar) and leave it to dry for 8 hours. After that one has rust.
I went a little overboard on this poor bronco so I'm now calling it a Dead Horse :lol:
The body has been dented (with the help of some heat and a couple of screwdrivers) and again I used the dremel to cut out some extra material here and there. I also used the salt technic. The interior was painted all satin black and then I used a series of pigments (including one called mildew green) to make it look dirty. The seats got covered with maskingtape before I painted them and I have torn up the tape to make them look like torn up seats.

I'm no profesional at it and others are far above me, take a look at this 50 Chevy that was recently posted on the Modelcarsmag forums:
http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topi ... arm-truck/
Gaute Halsaunet

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Post by Jim100 »

Wow!