Attempting to post a pic!

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
mopargirl

Attempting to post a pic!

Post by mopargirl »

This is our new 68 D200....Just got it yesterday and having trouble finding parts. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/ ... 0_0027.jpg

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Welcome! :welcome In your photo, it looks pretty nice. To get parts, you will need to ask here first. The folks here are always willing to help out. There are a ton of used stuff here, and all you need to do is ask. You also may want to look into my CD that I wrote. Just click the WWW link at the bottom of my post and get an idea of what it is about. OR, just email me with questions about the CD, or anything pertaining to the 68 that you have. I have some parts, or I can email you a list of places where I bought parts when I restored my 68. Good luck with your new truck.

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome aboard! :welcome :Thumbsup . Nice looking
truck. Where are you located?.... Shipping things
like grills & bumpers could get a bit costly. Hang
around here.... you'll find all the help and parts
you'll need for that '68. :salut
John

Post by Guest »

Hello and welcome to the elite group of Dodge Sweptline owners. It's true that parts might be difficult to find at times but it's worth it to stand out a little from the ho-hum, look alike other brands. Your truck looks good in the picture. If I were you I'd buy Jim's cd that he already mentioned. It's worth it's cost just for entertainment value but buy it for the information it contains. This forum and the other one, dodgesweptline.org, are the best sources for parts, information, and the occasional encouragement you might need. BTW, where are you located?

mopargirl

Post by mopargirl »

Thanks for the information everyone. I am located in Batavia, Ohio...which is close to Cincinnati. I have some more pictures to post as soon as I get them downloaded. Just wondering if the price was right on this old dodge...we gave $2750. Looking forward to talking to everyone about your mopars!!!!

Sherri

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

welcome to the forum, good to see someone from the opposite sex finally join in! hope you got a thicker skin then the last one, we are all a good group of guys, willing to help anyway possible to get your truck runing and looking right. but, as a group of good old boys, we tend to get a bit crude at times. :Thumbsup heres to hoping you got a good sence of humor, and hang around long enough to become one of the guys! looks like you got a good start on a nice truck BTW!
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Sherri :welcome to the best site on the web for our trucks , wideblock said a lot , & jims cd is execelent from what I've heard , & thats a fine looking truck ya;ll got there , post what your looking for under parts wanted & see how it goes , & tell us more about your truck like engine & trans combo you have & what ever you can thing of , ask any questions you may have & we;ll as try to answer them
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

motomatt383
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Durham, NC
State: NC

Post by motomatt383 »

welcome aboard. :salut goodlookin' truck, you should have no problem finding parts & info on this site.

matt
'70 D-100, Ruffin,plum crazy/wht top,5.2 magnum.
'70 Roadrunner
'40 Dodge coupe
http://community.webshots.com/user/motomatt383
http://www.myspace.com/70runner

scoutski
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by scoutski »

Welcome to the site young lady. There is an abundance of parts and info as well as advice to be had here on this wonderfull site. The HMFIC Scott keeps things rolling on an even keel.
Your truck sure beats the heck out of mine, want to trade? You will find the "Good, Bad and Ugly" swepts here and all of their owners are just as proud as can be just to have one, or 2, or 3, or more.
Bill
Scoutski
68 W200 PW (sold to Big-J)with a 76 200 por nada
77 Scout II Original
74 Scout II SSII clone
69 800 Gold Key
65 80-800 parts
68 1300 PU with venerable 266
76 Scout II XLC parts truck
55 R110 PU parts???

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Sherri,
You should try to get to the MoPar Nationals in
August. Goldie.... a member of this site, is having
an open house for Sweptline owners at this place
and you might even be able to hook up with some
folks who have some parts.The Nationals are in
Columbus the 12th-14th of August.
John
There is another Lady Sweptline owner in New
York City..... Lisa.... who owns a D200 Utiline
[step side]

mopargirl

Post by mopargirl »

Thanks everybody! This is an awesome site! I was getting pretty nervous thinking I wouldn't be able to find anything for this truck! We did some clean-up on the motor yesterday. I am going to try and keep everything as close to original as I can get. It DEFINITELY needs a paint job, too. But that is a little bit down the road. Any suggestions for the color? Nothing too GIRLY now!! :shame The insurance came through on it yesterday afternoon, so I finally get to drive MY TRUCK to the cruise-in tonight! :dance As far as the motor, it has a 318. Thanks for the help guys, I am gonna need all I can get! Hey Wideblock66...thanks for the warning! I think I'll be around for awhile...as long as you don't pick on me TOOO bad! :lol: I am used to it around here, the guys around here like to give me a hard time!

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Welcome Mopar Girl

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

:welcome Mopar Girl,
good to see you have good taste :Thumbsup I'm curious though on how you came to get your truck, as far as in my case I've liked the style (box)and design (good lines) that attracted me to want to fix it up. I would like to hear what it was that brought you and your truck together?
:Thumbsup

Hotfoot
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Hotfoot »

Welcome

One thing to remeber about these trucks. They are Big, Heavy and Old. They don't stop as quick as newer vehicles so leave plenty of room in front and ENJOY your ride.

mopargirl

Post by mopargirl »

I LOVE the box style as well. I have always wanted a Dodge. I just couldn't decide between a truck or a car. This ole truck just happened to go up for sale just at the right time! I LOVE trucks...always have..always will. I seem to already be getting teased about it by the women around here. Apparently they just have different taste than I do. It doesnt matter to me what they think of a girl driving a truck. I dont have any problem with it, so that is all that matters, right??!!! :Thumbsup Thanks for all the compliments guys! :lol:

Sherri

hotrodjohn68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

nice truck

Post by hotrodjohn68 »

think you have a hot looking truck so the driver look hot. :welcome :Thumbsup

Post by Guest »

hot girls driving hot cars is heaven 4 my eyes

-meangreen

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

:welcome
Glad to have ya aboard. Sorry to take so long to say welcome, but I've been a bit busy driving across the western part of the US. Been from Casper Wyoming to Elpaso TX in the last week. and still worked 56hrs at the fire department. Hope you find all the info and parts your looking for here. There is a wealth of information to be had on this site, so if you dont understand something or need advice just post it and someone here has either had the same problem or knows someone who has and knows how to help.
I also recomend that you buy Jim's CD its the best 20 bucks you'll ever spend. I would say it like an owners manual for sweptine trucks. :Thumbsup
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed