64 Dodge Polara hemi swap

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

64 Dodge Polara hemi swap

Post by Cageman »

Here is the 64 Polara I have been putting the hemi into. Getting closer to it being done.

W20071
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville
State: UT

Re: 64 Dodge Polara hemi swap

Post by W20071 »

SWEET! :Thumbsup :Thumbsup

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by jimmy »

Very cool.

EarlKann
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Riverside
State: CA

Post by EarlKann »

Not the hemi I was thinking of when I saw the thread title. :lol:

moparmorrell
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Missoula
State: MT

Post by moparmorrell »

EarlKann wrote:Not the hemi I was thinking of when I saw the thread title. :lol:
x2

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

I dig it.

But, you need to make that white cab front wheel drive so you can turn some heads....... :joker

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

very nice!

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Post by pismopowerwagon »

Gonna be a sweet ride.

Dodge country for sure around that shop , :clap

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Cageman »

Yeah, we had a blizzard roll through last week that made a mess of my parking lot, so I have all my vehicles parked all over trying to get it to dry out. I am constantly getting people there that think I have parts for a 85 ramcharger stashed away that I am willing to sell, drives me nuts. One guy wanted to buy my red power wagon, he got mad at me when I said it wasnt for sale, he goes, then why are they all parked in a line, isnt this a dealership. I was like yup, when you drove down this street you went back to 1971 and you are now at the dodge dealership. So now I have them all in a mess, people think its a junkyard, arrghhh, I cant win.
Last week I had this old guy wanting to buy the pie plates off my van for his 63. I was like dude, they are not for sale, and your 63 wont have those. He says to me, it is a 63 and Ill prove it. So he goes home and brings me a fsm for a 65 1/2 and shows it to me. Im like that is a jan and newer 65, not a 63. He got mad. So I tried to explain how the serial numbers work on them and how the fsm shows. My 65 four eye shorty is a few numbers away from being a 65 pie plate. So there is no way he has a pie plate 63 unless someone swapped the radiator support out. He then tells me he bought it from the original owner back in 75. Im like, well, see that 95 there, it has all new front end off a 99, and it happened in 2000, see how things can get swapped by the original owner after a wreck. Then he tells me the truck has never been in a wreck. Im like, tell ya waht, bring the truck down and Ill tell ya what you have. He says I dont know squat. I dang near had to drag him off my lot. Hasnt been back. I told him that they sell those pie plates new on ebay for 80 dollars. He told me that is too much, he knows a guy who will sell them for 35. Im like what the heck are you doin here then. He later asked me for this ebays phone number. I just laughed.
Some days its amazing I get anything done at all.

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Cageman »

That cab is a 74, nice sheet metal, was goin to the crusher, so I snagged it. I need to take a picture on how they wired in the factory electronic ignition on it. It has a bracket that goes around the centering pin on the firewall that catches the hood in the down position. Since it is a 74, it had elec ign from the factory.

Rocker panels are rust free, and Im gonna take the huge fenders off and save them, grille is perfect too, steel. The dash is wierd too, has a notch for knuckle clearance around the steering wheel. And the guages say norm in the middle of the range of oil and temp.

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Cageman »

I made a driveshaft for this car yesterday. Tubing was $1.69 an inch! I was nervous welding it all together, didnt want to screw that up!

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

that's awesome when people try to tell you stuff about YOUR truck like they are the expert.

i spent countless hours and insurmountable effort restoring my black 64 and one of the things i kept intact was the upside down grill emblem. instead of "100" it now reads "001". it never fails at a show - at least 5 or 6 people say "Did you know your emblem is upside down?"

ugh. feel your pain.

Ben

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Cageman »

Im not as knowledgeable as a few guys on here, but I would like to say I know a few things about these trucks. Especially since I own a few of them, and I am always trying to learn more. every day is a school day.

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

Cageman wrote:Im not as knowledgeable as a few guys on here, but I would like to say I know a few things about these trucks. Especially since I own a few of them, and I am always trying to learn more. every day is a school day.
:Thumbsup

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Cageman wrote: I need to take a picture on how they wired in the factory electronic ignition on it. It has a bracket that goes around the centering pin on the firewall that catches the hood in the down position. Since it is a 74, it had elec ign from the factory.

That bracket also works on Swepline's. My 70 D500 has an optional electric wire harness that I pulled off an early 70's Coronet/Fury or something like that. When they first came out with the electronic ignition on the cars as an option they used a tidy wiring harness that can be plugged into any car/truck that had points. Super slick if you can find one. The Imperials also had their own plug in version for the first year or so when electronic became available. Also easy to build if a person wants to.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

CSS-Registry wrote:that's awesome when people try to tell you stuff about YOUR truck like they are the expert.
Cageman wrote:That cab is a 74,
73 was the last year for the sweptline styled cab. :lol: 74 used the style pictured below.

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Cageman »

Yeah, your probably right, I do know it is a d600, but I thought I saw on the tag that it said 74. The one under the hood, Ill look again tonight.

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Cageman »

The bracket looks like a elec ign brackect that bolted to the back of the engine on a motor home actually, not like the bracket that bolts onto the firewall of cars. I got one of those somewhere too.

RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Gifford
State: WA

Post by RAYMAN »

The last thing i remember reading was that 72 was the last of the swepty body and 73 was the new body like the one in the pic above my post, but i could be wrong. :Thumbsup

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

71 was the last year for the Swepty p/u. A buddy of mine had back in the early 90's a 72 Fargo . First year for that body style and last year for the Fargo in Canada.