Happy Birthday to me!!!

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hubbard, OR
State: OR

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Post by powerwagoncrazy »

So yesterday on craigslist I stumbled upon a rather bland craigslist ad that stated "Storage lot auction: selling 1963 Dodge W100." Upon clicking on the ad, I found no pictures, only a map and the statement "not a pickup- sealed bid auction." Being as today is my 27th birthday, I decided I needed to go look, and to my surprise found this gorgeous old tank parked behind a tree at the back of the lot:
downsized_0223131037 (1).jpg
A '63 W100 Town wagon, poly 318 4 speed wearing it's factory LU2 up front and original split rims, with the only real rust being in it's rear doors. Upon peering in the moss-covered windows I found it had the all the factory seats- front, middle and rear! Took a peek under the rear and saw 2 tags on the axle (denoting a factory powr-lock rear posi). Having owned nearly 50 swepties and never having a town-wagon, I stuck in a relatively cheap bid, which at the end of the day resulted in this:
0223131712a.jpg
Super excited to get tinkering on the ol' machine and see what I can make happen. I'll get some pics of it tomorrow after I attack it with the pressure washer and some elbow grease :dance :dance :dance

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Re: Happy Birthday to me!!!

Post by nytemuvr »

Sweet!!!!

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Happy Birthday! I love those trucks! How much did you pay??

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Oh wow, nice score!! Happy Birthday!

powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Jim- the scrappers were circling yesterday so I played it safe and threw in a bid of $800. I figured with the winch and all the seats still being there I couldn't really go wrong. I'd have rather paid $300 but didn't want to risk seeing it get squished- some times you gotta step up to the plate! Talked with a friend who (unbeknownst to me) has been renting a storage area there since 1985- he said the town wagon's been there 15 years, but his son was bored 2 years ago, fiddled with it a bit and had it running. I've got high hopes for this afternoon!!!

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Two thumbs up for you!!! :Thumbsup :Thumbsup I'd say you did excellent. Sure..$300 would be great, but it would hurt bad if you found out you missed by a few bucks. I think $800 is a great deal! Thanks for sharing! I know some people get kind of "funny" when talking about figures, but... I also figure, you don't have to tell me either. :lol:

Jim
powerwagoncrazy wrote:Thanks for the birthday wishes! Jim- the scrappers were circling yesterday so I played it safe and threw in a bid of $800. I figured with the winch and all the seats still being there I couldn't really go wrong. I'd have rather paid $300 but didn't want to risk seeing it get squished- some times you gotta step up to the plate! Talked with a friend who (unbeknownst to me) has been renting a storage area there since 1985- he said the town wagon's been there 15 years, but his son was bored 2 years ago, fiddled with it a bit and had it running. I've got high hopes for this afternoon!!!

gyman98
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Saskatchewan
State: Foreign

Post by gyman98 »

Happy birthday!

Here's what you should do it with it, 4bt, auto, stock height with all seats in leather, new carpet etc then sell it to me!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Huge score Rob!! :clap :clap :Thumbsup :Thumbsup I think you
got a smoking deal at $800. The winch alone will cover that. :Thumbsup
John

powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Spent this afternoon pressure washing and cleaning- looks a tad more presentable now lol! Definitely has some cancer in the rear window frames and around the doors, but I'm still pretty excited about it. Hoping to get a chance this week to drop a battery in it and see what happens!
gyman98 wrote:Happy birthday!

Here's what you should do it with it, 4bt, auto, stock height with all seats in leather, new carpet etc then sell it to me!
Funny you mention this, hahaha! My buddies and I were talking about potential power plant choices today and the 4bt is definitely on the top of the list! I want to make the 'ol poly run and see how it does- a local wrecking yard has a weiand 4bbl intake sitting on the office floor for $100 so i've been thinking about pouncing on that. Oh the possibilities! :lol:
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg
Looks halfway decent despite somebody's love of red primer represented on the drivers door. I see what looks to be paint discoloration due to company lettering on the passenger door, so I'm really hoping to be able to decipher what it says. I'm a huge sucker for vintage signage!

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Post by slick »

Damn I love it! I'm started to like you less and less with all your awesome trucks :Thumbsup

dusty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: applegate oregon

Post by dusty »

nice find those are sweet

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

Cripes, if anything, grab that intake and sell it for a few hundred! :Thumbsup Nice score.

PowerMan
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Auburn
State: CA

Post by PowerMan »

I don't know how all the cool stuff ends up in Oregon. They don't get rid of old trucks as quickly as California does.... :pale
Anyways nice rig! :Thumbsup

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

So what are those things above the rear wheels on the fenders?

powerwagoncrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Thanks for the comments/compliments!
soopernaut wrote:So what are those things above the rear wheels on the fenders?
Those are actually sets of reflectors bolted to the body. This truck has a lot of odd add-ons like that, including clearance lights over the windshield and also over the rear doors, reflective tape on the edges of the doors, and warning lights that say "turn lights off" and "buckle seat belt" that are affixed to the dash. It also has a really neat old cord reel behind the dash on the r/h side of the glove box, and an old hand-held spot light with its base screwed in to the lid on the ash tray. I'm thinking it might have at one time been a brush-fire truck as there's a box screwed in to the passenger side kick panel that says "lens wipes." On the other hand, it has an original Pacific Wonderland license plate hiding behind it's current "tree" plate, which means it was originally privately owned... I really need to get looking at that passenger door closer LOL

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

Oh man that is friggen fantastic! I love it. I love those town wagons!

Perkins64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Boerne
State: TX

Post by Perkins64 »

dang it! I am JEALOUS!!!!

Keep it patina.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

I have always liked the Town Panel's particularly the 4x4's. Cool score

Dodgeitis
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Dodgeitis »

First Dibs if you ever decide to sell it.......

40YearOldFury
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Parker
State: CO

Post by 40YearOldFury »

powerwagoncrazy wrote:Spent this afternoon pressure washing and cleaning- looks a tad more presentable now lol! Definitely has some cancer in the rear window frames and around the doors, but I'm still pretty excited about it. Hoping to get a chance this week to drop a battery in it and see what happens!
gyman98 wrote:Happy birthday!

Funny you mention this, hahaha! My buddies and I were talking about potential power plant choices today and the 4bt is definitely on the top of the list! I want to make the 'ol poly run and see how it does- a local wrecking yard has a weiand 4bbl intake sitting on the office floor for $100 so i've been thinking about pouncing on that. Oh the possibilities! :lol:
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg
Looks halfway decent despite somebody's love of red primer represented on the drivers door. I see what looks to be paint discoloration due to company lettering on the passenger door, so I'm really hoping to be able to decipher what it says. I'm a huge sucker for vintage signage!
If you don't get that Weiand let me know! That would make a great EFI manifold for my poly when I graduate from the TBI I have now. Great score and Happy Birthday!